Help! Brand new ASUS ROG G752VT-T7022T High Temp's!

Associate
Hi,

I purchased the ASUS ROG G752VT-T7022T laptop a month or so ago, I only really play strategy games such as the Total War series. However whenever I play these games I am always hitting temps core temps of 80 - 95 degrees c. Surely this can not be right, the graphical settings are set optimally set by Nvidia which the hardware should be able to cope with easily - I'm concerned and a bit annoyed to be honest having spent a tidy sum on this laptop.

Any ideas anyone as to if this is normal or is there something I can do to lower temps?

Cheers

Man of Honour
I use the laptop on my lap. On a small cushion most of the time, to prevent my legs melting. There are two vents at the bottom of my ROG. One is the hard drive port and I believe the other is where the memory is located. Mine is generally fine but it does get toasty particularly in FM16 during the 3d phase of the game. How are you monitoring these temps?

Associate
OP
The fans and vents are not obstructed. I have even tried using a cooling fan but I'm still hitting temps of 90 plus degrees c.

Associate
OP
Bought April 18th this year. anyone got an email address for Overclockers shop, as the 'webnote' on their site keeps bouncing back to my email.

Associate
Sounds like you might have a problem. Have you taken the rubber bungs out of the back vent ? Mines never gone above 75 degrees & hardly ever hear the fans blowing!

Associate
OP
So this was overclockers response 'This is perfectly normal for laptops im afraid'.

Well I totally disagree a brand new ROG gaming laptop of high spec should not be hitting temps of 90 degrees c plus when playing games that are not even that graphically demanding.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Soldato
So this was overclockers response 'This is perfectly normal for laptops im afraid'.

Well I totally disagree a brand new ROG gaming laptop of high spec should not be hitting temps of 90 degrees c plus when playing games that are not even that graphically demanding.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Would it void warranty if you opened it up? Maybe you could wack it open and have a look, maybe even replace the TIM? It could just be the heatsink needs tightening.

Associate
OP
In windows usually anywhere from 28 to mid 40's.

I'm using CoreTemp and I have tried a number of others to double check - all read the same give or take, including the built in RoG monitor.

Associate
OP
Overclockers and ASUS basically have said that unless it starts shutting down often due to temps then they will not see it as a fault. Disgusted by the 'help' from Overclockers and ASUS - when you spend a daft sum of money you expect it to be able to do what you bought it for.

Back
Top Bottom