Preacher should've been arrested, your thoughts?

Soldato
police probably saw the bigger picture.

arrest a cleric in the street then the islamic community would kick off big time.

the police don't need that.

Soldato
His attitude and temperament is unacceptable when approached by the police yes. But when he was saying/preaching before how was he acting?

You can get arrested for less yes. I think at the point old bill comes up he's just doing it to make a point.

Soldato
What would be the point? His anger was clearly at the police (as irrational as it seemed), remove them from the situation as the officer did himself and things will likely calm down again.

There are better things for single-crewed officers to be dealing with than some guy shouting in a high street.

Caporegime
OP
What would be the point? His anger was clearly at the police (as irrational as it seemed), remove them from the situation as the officer did himself and things will likely calm down again.

There are better things for single-crewed officers to be dealing with than some guy shouting in a high street.

So you think I could shout at the police like that and the police walk away from me?

Associate
Just seen that on the Daily Fail and noticed as the comments were not going as they wanted they have stopped printing them and removed the old ones. The copper handled that well especially as he got boo'ed as he walked away because they wanted it to turn and it easily could have and got nasty.

Soldato
So you think I could shout at the police like that and the police walk away from me?

Most police officers are much more restrained than you seem to think they are. I've seen situations on nights out where I'd have, "seen nothin' guv" if the coppers had put the boot in to the idiots they were having to deal with.

Soldato

I've no idea, because policing isn't a "one approach fits all" sort of job. In this specific instance he deemed it the appropriate thing to do to calm the situation. Getting the guy to custody and explaining that the man was arrested for "shouting in my face a bit" isn't going to go down well. As I said, better things for limited resources to be spending their time on.

Man of Honour
I've seen it plenty of times on TV where a guy was arrested or taken aside when he became agitated and in the cops face...

I've also seen it plenty of times on tv and real life where they pick their battles sensibly and walk away to resolve the situation. Sometimes that's the best course of action rather than rolling around on the floor with someone.

Back
Top Bottom