Emergency Spec me

Associate
Went to change the CPU in my current setup last night and have managed to bend a few pins on the socket.:eek::eek: Will be trying today to straighten them out, but in the event of them not getting back to where they need to be, am looking for new kit.

Ideally will need as many cores as possible and while not a step forward, would like to keep my DDR3 memory as want to keep it as cheap as possible.

Main uses for computer are running PixInsight which is used for astrophotography and is rather CPU intensive. Also use PhotoShop on it. I do game at 5760 x 1200, when the games let me. Current games in use are EVE and Fallout4.

Price wise want to keep it sub £350 if i can, but may go up to £400 at a max

Cheers

Associate
OP
Cheers

Sat in basket ready to go if needed.

Also didn't mention that I am watercooled too. Will the cpu block be useable on this or should I look at getting another one? Think current one is an EK one.....been a while since I ordered it and orignal OcUK account it was bought on is now closed

Associate
When you bend pins on these LGA boards you either get lucky and it's one of hundreds of ground pins, or it's a dead motherboard, with not really anything in between.

You don't say what your current CPU is, couldnt you simply replace the motherboard for under £100?

Back
Top Bottom