Should I keep my H100i GTX or change to H110i GTX?

Associate
Hi all,

I've recently ordered some new parts for my gaming rig after receiving a grant from my university scholarship and I'm undecided on my CPU cooler. I'm struggling to make a choice between staying with the H100i GTX I've ordered (less hassle, save money, don't have to wait for the H110i GTX to arrive), or returning it and getting a H110i GTX instead (extra £15, plus whatever postage costs, not compromising). My H100i GTX is due to be delivered tomorrow morning so I can hopefully send it back for a full refund if I need to (besides postage costs). I'll be using a 6700k and aiming for a respectable overclock (nothing too crazy maybe about 4.6-4.8 at a push for CPU demanding games).

Original intention was to have the radiator function as an exhaust and have my two 200mm fans at the top of my case also exhaust (so the radiator will be in a position similar to this http://oi43.tinypic.com/21f0gfo.jpg). I then realized my phantom 820 didn't come with the brackets needed to support the radiators on AOI watercoolers under the normal case fans (These: http://www.overclock.net/t/1342994/lightbox/post/18920838/id/1198296) - so I'll now have to take the fans out to accommodate the radiator (unless some wonderful human being knows how I could purchase such brackets). I'm far from well-versed on cooling but I believe this could affect my temps significantly. My thoughts are the larger radiator and fans from the 110i GTX may make a significant difference having no longer being able to have the additional support of two 200mm fans. I've intended for this to be a non-compromise build so unless the difference in performance is absolutely minute I'm thinking the 110i GTX is the logical option.

Is the H110i GTX significantly better than the H100i GTX as that it'd help me get better temps in this situation? I've searched around the web and can't find a straight answer or comparison.

Thanks in advance :)

tl:dr - Want to know if it's worth the £20(est) price difference using a 110i GTX vs a 100i GTX for overclocking a 6700k

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom