Sse fibre broadband

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
SSE Superfast Fibre + Talk Anytime
* Download speeds of up to 38Mbps
* Inclusive local and national calls at any time, plus calls to 20 other countries

PRICE: £21 per month for 18 months (£41 per month thereafter)

SSE Superfast Fibre + Talk Anytime Plus
* As above, except..
* Inclusive calls any time of the day or night, plus calls to 20 other countries

PRICE: £23 per month for 18 months (£43 per month thereafter)

SSE Ultrafast Fibre + Talk Anytime
* As above, except..
* Download speeds of up to 76Mbps
* Inclusive calls any time of the day or night

PRICE: £21 per month for 18 months (£46 per month thereafter)

A one-off connection fee of £50.00 is also applicable for SSE’s Superfast and Ultrafast packages.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...nch-18-months-free-fibre-broadband-offer.html

X6a6H2F.png

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/sse/

Too good to be true?

One ISPR review mentions heavy traffic shaping.

Soldato

Been with them for just over 6 months and not had any problems.

The supplied router (TG589VAC) wasn't the best as I had hoped it would include guest wifi but it was at least a combo vdsl modem and router although we were also supplied with an open reach modem install so we went down that route and opted to use both devices. The router is also dual band so not bad for free and was wall mountable.

They may have changed routers now as there was some confusion at the time we went with them as to whether they would be upgrading the router to technicolor TG799VAC which does also have guest wifi option among other things. Also, not sure if those prices include VAT, ours was discounted to £24.50 per month but I think we pay VAT on top of that, which is the Ultrafast fibre plus the landline and weekend calls. So if they're now including weekday calls for those prices I'd certainly not hesitate to go with them. I stream TV and stream to twitch often and not had any noticeable degradation of service. Am about 1 1/2 miles from the exchange so didn't expect the top speed but have consistently had 66 Mbps down and 19 Mbps up and 8ms ping, sometimes the down has been as high as 70 Mbps so not far off the top advertised rate for the service.

I think you will need to be with an openreach supplier at present to switch online for the cashback. We weren't able to do this as we were with an LLU provider which meant we had to sign up over the phone. Was still the cheapest deal going so very pleased.

Last edited:

emu

emu

Associate
Does anybody know the default username and log in for the Technicolor router? Want to change some settings

emu

emu

Associate
Thanks admin \ admin worked

I moved over from Bt and finding it fine . I play a lot of shield using the 1080 streaming and it's been great.

Associate
just changed over to these guys this month too. Mine lines still in test but get same speeds as i did with BT. I'm looking at some options to remove their router as the wifi doesn't seem the best but it wasn't with HH4/5 either.

Associate
I have been with SSE for about 2 months on 76MB (I get 66) for £21/Month. I find the peak speeds extremely slow, the throttling is terrible, trying to download anything in the evening is near impossible on steam for example. We are also unable to watch anything on Sky catchup after say 5PM. My parents also switched and and are having the exact same issues. I am actually unable to play Overwatch as it simply won't connect.

This past week though I changed the Technicolour router for my Openreach Modem + Asus RT-AC66U combo and added a cheap £5~/month UK VPN to the router itself. The performance is now almost perfect. Everything is fairly instant and all my problems are gone, its actually outperforming my last Plusnet subscription and they claim to not manage any traffic...

Associate
I have been with SSE for about 2 months on 76MB (I get 66) for £21/Month. I find the peak speeds extremely slow, the throttling is terrible, trying to download anything in the evening is near impossible on steam for example. We are also unable to watch anything on Sky catchup after say 5PM. My parents also switched and and are having the exact same issues. I am actually unable to play Overwatch as it simply won't connect.

This past week though I changed the Technicolour router for my Openreach Modem + Asus RT-AC66U combo and added a cheap £5~/month UK VPN to the router itself. The performance is now almost perfect. Everything is fairly instant and all my problems are gone, its actually outperforming my last Plusnet subscription and they claim to not manage any traffic...

Hi Chris,
Could you tell me which VPN company you're using?
I'm also suffering massive throttling from SSE and want to break free!

emu

emu

Associate
can anybody help me with using my own router on sse

its a tplink ac750 and im struggling to get it to connect

Soldato
So you've got an ADSL connection rather than VDSL (fibre/FTTC)?

I was assuming you had fibre as that's the subject of the thread.

If you have got fibre that router is never going to work without adding an external VDSL modem.

Back
Top Bottom