8Pack Xtreme Skylake 6700K at 4.8ghz+ BWE at 4.4+ Overclocked upgrade bundles.

OcUK Staff
OP
Oh ok great. Glade its working 100% now.

We test each of these bundles extensively using Real Bench, AVX enabled Prime 95, XTU mem and CPU with Heaven or Valley running at 4k at the same time.

But we cant simulate your exact load 100%. We sold many of these bundles and now and only yours one notch off so not bad!!!

Soldato
Its fantastic, only problem i have is the pump makes an annoying sound and every so often i get a click from something inside the case - not sure if thats the pump or power supply to, anyway its coming back to get checked out - its not a noisy pump but being the only thing in the case making any noise its very annoying at the frequency its at, a shame if its not fixable as its too annoying to stick with unfortunately!

Hopefully a replacement will get it sorted out.

OcUK Staff
OP
Its fantastic, only problem i have is the pump makes an annoying sound and every so often i get a click from something inside the case - not sure if thats the pump or power supply to, anyway its coming back to get checked out - its not a noisy pump but being the only thing in the case making any noise its very annoying at the frequency its at, a shame if its not fixable as its too annoying to stick with unfortunately!

Hopefully a replacement will get it sorted out.

Just speed control the pump header if you have so issue with noise.

Soldato
Switch to Intel. Really not worth the wait. Intel enterprise class. 5 year warranty and much less expensive.

The 600p series which are very good value aren't enterprise class, the 750s are, but even their claimed write tolerance is a lot lower than the sammys. Not that they are bad drives at all.
Performance wise the 1.2 TB one is the one that gets closest to the sammys, but that's quite a lot more than a 512GB 960 PRO. I'll just have to be patient for the moment I guess.

Soldato
Samsung PRO arrived, and build is done! :)

Very impressed with the lack of noise from the EK predator 360, it's much quieter than my old Corsair H100i and has 2 more cores to deal with.

Struggled to find the overclock settings at first but I think I've got them. 4.4 GHz not 4.5 sadly, but still impressive. RAM running at 1333 (I assume this is 2666 is that right?)

Edit: Well realtemp shows Max temp under prime as 80C* (Sorry 8pack I know..) and the fans are more audible, but still less than the Corsair was

*Only shows 6 of the core though in realtemp..

Last edited:
Soldato
8pack, Should the OC on 32GB of RAM with a 6900K be 2666 or should I try to push it further? Thanks

Edit: I think I've got the right profile now, previous was 4.4 but not across all cores with DRAM @ 2666, now running 4.4 across all cores with DRAM @ 3000 C16.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom