Asus Maximus VIII Hero DOA?

Associate
Good evening all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to suggest something that I haven't already tried to get my new build up and running before I start the RMA process.

today I received my new components which are as follows.

I7 6700k
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
8gb of TeamGroup dark pro 3200mhz RAM
NZXT Kraken X61 AIO CPU cooler

My existing Parts which i added to are

NZXT S340 Elite
2 x Corsair force 3 120GB SSD
Asus Strix GTX1080
XFX XXX 850watt PSU

The PC will not power up atall, occasionally 1 or both of the board LEDs (red leds along the left of the board and the ROG logo on the lower right heatsink chip) will light up but no power to anything else, no fans, no post code led, no leds along the side of the 24pin ATX power, nothing.

Every cable has been triple checked, I have tried reinstalling the CPU and heatsink, checked the socket pins, using 1 or 0 sticks of RAM, removing the motherboard from the PC and plugging it in on the box to rule out any shorts and I even took a drive to currys (I know... yuck) and bought a Corsair CX600 PSU to test and still nothing, I'm clutching at straws now but I'm hoping someone may be able to suggest something that I have missed.

additional note, I am by no means a professional PC builder but this isn't my first build by a long stretch and I work as an IT Technician.

Soldato
cpu fan on the right header?

when i built mine last weekend i thought it was dead cause it wouldnt boot (similar symptoms to you) with the AIO pump on the pump header i had to move it to the CPU header then it was fine.

was a pain in the butt cause it was rigth behind the Rad so i had to unscrew it all

Back
Top Bottom