** SAMSUNG QUANTUM DOT 144Hz 1ms VA GAMING MONITORS EXCLUSIVE at OcUK!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OcUK and myself are very proud to announce the availability to pre-order now Samsung's latest state of the art gaming monitors with incredible features such as Quantum DOT, VA, 144Hz, 1ms, FREESYNC and more. We expect our delivery to arrive within the next 1-2 weeks.

The rumoured 34" is also true and OcUK hopes to take the first delivery of those in January and expect the price to be around £900. :)

Samsung C24FG70 24" 1920x1080 VA FREESYNC Gaming Quantum DOT Widescreen LED Monitor @ £329.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Sams...tum-DOT-Widescreen-LED-Monitor-MO-230-SA.html

LC24FG70FQUXEN, 1920x1080 Resolution, 500,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, 1ms Response Time, 350 cd/m2 Brightness, 2x HDMI Input, 1x Display Port, Freesync, 144Hz, Quantum DOT, 2yr On-Site Warranty.

Only £329.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Samsung C27FG70 27" 1920x1080 VA FREESYNC Gaming Quantum DOT Widescreen LED Monitor @ £429.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Sams...tum-DOT-Widescreen-LED-Monitor-MO-231-SA.html

LC27FG70FQUXEN, 1920x1080 Resolution, 500,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, 1ms Response Time, 350 cd/m2 Brightness, 2x HDMI Input, 1x Display Port, Freesync, 144Hz, Quantum DOT, 2yr On-Site Warranty.

Only £429.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Stock is quite limited unfortunately with only around 300 units of 24" landing in December and under 100 units of the 27" so we expect them to sell out.

We have one of each here including the 34" and in short I am completely blown away, I have not seen a single monitor on the market that can even come close to them. Once the G-SYNC versions arrive next year Samsung will be a true force in gaming monitors and the rest of the market will truly have to pick their game up to compete with these.

P.S. I have requested 27" 2560x1440 VA 1ms, 144Hz, Quantum DOT in FREESYNC & G-SYNC too, lets see if it happens. ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
ouch, a high price to pay for a 1080p monitor. I wonder if they will release any 1440p versions.

Read the OP. ;)

Also the price is fair, most comparable monitor is the AOC 24" G-SYNC which is same price but does use an inferior TN panel and does not have quantum dot.

OcUK Staff
OP
In a nutshell what's quantum dot? Other than a shiny marketing phrase....Is it a real progression in monitors and picture

I could post a load of marketing blurb, but you can find it elsewhere. :)

In short the image quality, both colours and sharpness are fantastic.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I'm the lucky bugger who is testing the 34" at the moment. It has everything that I want in a monitor (except for G-Sync, but that could be on the way soon).

The colours are great, both punchy and clear, and the lighting is exceptionally even across the entire expanse of the panel.

Whilst the text is sharp and the real estate is very useful, the depth of the curve, in my opinion is more suited to gaming and movies. There is a bit of ghosting, but nothing more than you'd expect from a VA panel, you REALLY have to be looking for it. I can genuinely say that my Rocket League has never looked so good! :D

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
In a nutshell what's quantum dot? Other than a shiny marketing phrase....Is it a real progression in monitors and picture

in the simplest terms possible, it helps boost the colour accuracy & vibrancy, and also, boost brightness without the need for overpowering backlights which bleed through the panels.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Are you aware of the purple shift issue that many people with the C24FG70 have been reporting on the Overclock forum? They have been quite upset by it and it would be interesting to hear you opinion on this.

I've looked at a number of reported examples of the "bug" and tried unsuccessfully to repeat them. I've been using this screen for a while now and can honestly say that I've not experienced anything like it.

Associate
Quantum dot does sound great but they'll probably be some sort of HDR standard at some point.

I'd be tempted by a 4k 27" panel but 1080p doesn't cut it any more 1440 would be okay but just okay.

Monitor tech is so far behind TV's like others I am tempted to purchase a decent 4k HDR certified TV with gaming mode for a fraction of the price a monitor is likely to sell for. Maybe OCuk should be considering searching for a decent TV that fits that bill. From Samsung as they make quantum dot TV's :)

43" 4k quantum dot curved TV can be had for £800 there about.

Seriously worth considering doing some market searching Gibbo and stock a decent SUHD certified TV :) Pretty sure Samsung could do something with freesync on a TV

Associate
In case anyone else was interested these appear to be 8bit panels not 8bit +FRC or 10bit. Though that's to be expected for gaming monitors, higher accuracy colour panels tend to have a slower response time, so pick based on your priorities.

Back
Top Bottom