Very cheap laptop for daughter

Soldato
Currently looking for a cheap laptop for a present for my daughter, mainly for school/homework. found this for just under £200.

Lenovo Ideapad 100 15.6 Inch.
Intel Celeron n2840 dual core processor.
4GB RAM.
500Gb HDD

My real question is how limited is this for anything else? The only game she plays is Sims 4 (plays on a desktop at the minute so not essential). She also likes the odd mobile type game. What should I expect from something this low spec these days?

Cheers

Caporegime
I've found £300 to be the sweet spot for a half decent laptop. You can get a decent processor usually an i3 or an i5 if buying clearance and you can sell it on after 3 years for £150 and then buy another £300 laptop meaning it costs £50 per year and your covered by warranty, etc if buying direct from HP.

Argos ebay outlet sells refurbs in the clearance section which are usually brand new/open box items and usually 20-40% off. But you don't get the long warranty obviously. People have bought decent laptops from there for £150.

Personally I would try and get an i3 minimum.

Soldato
OP
Cheers, can't really push to £300 without feeling like I'd have to explain why my other two kids have just a bag of crisps for Christmas but will keep checking the clearance deals :)

Back
Top Bottom