Apple to Introduce New Macs at October 27 Event

Man of Honour
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/18/apple-to-introduce-new-macs-at-october-27-event/

Apple will introduce new Macs at an event that's set to take place on Thursday, October 27, reports Re/code. The event will be held "at or near" Apple's Cupertino campus instead of in San Francisco, suggesting it will perhaps be at the company's Town Hall conference center.

Re/code does not detail which Macs will receive a refresh at the event, but Apple's entire Mac lineup, aside from the Retina MacBook, is in need of a refresh.

New MacBook Pro models will likely headline the event, as rumors suggest a major update is in the works. The new MacBook Pro is said to include a redesigned, thinner body with a flatter MacBook-style keyboard, an OLED touch panel that replaces the physical function keys at the top of the keyboard, and Touch ID support.

It is expected to do away with the USB-A port, HDMI port, and SD card slot, featuring just four USB-C ports based on part leaks, and it is said to include support for USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt 3.

A recent rumor from Japanese site Mac Otakara suggests Apple will also be introducing a new 13-inch MacBook Air, also featuring USB-C and Thunderbolt 3. Other products that could potentially see refreshes include the iMac, the Mac Pro, and the Mac mini.

With an event set to take place on October 27, media invites should be going out later this week.

I've been after a Pro for a while although now thinking about it, I think a 12" MacBook would be more than adequate for my needs. Either way, I hope the above is true and we see new products coming soon.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Had a chat with a mate about this last night. I don't do anything intensive on my portable device, it's used for a bit of video watching and browsing with the occasional office work. I think a MacBook would be adequate. Let's see what Apple do with the Pro's though.

POB

POB

Soldato
Apple to Introduce New Old Macs at October 27 Event :D

They had nearly a year to introduce Skylake CPUs.

There has to be something better then the rumours to make up for the delay.

Soldato
Honestly, I'd love one to replace my 2010 MBP but I reckon the price will be increased by around 15% and I simply can't justify spending that much for web coding, the odd bit of photoshop, etc.

A Surface Pro or other ThinkPad does the equivalent for a lot less, even if I'd have to live with Windows.

Associate
I really hope they update the Mac Mini to a quad core Skylake chip.
My PC's GPU just died and I fancy a switch to a Mac, this seems the perfect time for Apple to update their machines *hint hint Apple*.

Back
Top Bottom