AOC Agon AG271QG

Soldato
Does anyone have this monitor? Is it any good? Anyone had any BLB IPS glow issues?

Also I'm tempted to buy this from here. Never bought anything that I suspect I may have to return due to the very poor QC on IPS panels so would also like to know what OCUK's policy is on returns if I get this issue? Like I won't have to pay to ship back for a faulty panel like that or anything?

Last edited:
Associate
I bought one of these monitors this weekend and it has some BLB but not much from what I can see. I have tried some programs with dark windows and cannot notice it at all. I think it will only be an issue for me if i'm sitting in the dark looking at an almost black screen.

y3mzh8VcR3-XVqG8Uq8DBo9QGXGejKmWhOUGjnppdqBByJBN3EzxRARJKKFgEp-4bhVCeeJAl9R07m0grrRyhNYro_E6clro3wB1TRei-RwELtoHPImO25Il_cEyjD9bzXwhTXUNxFHh3W5j81kjp3jP2bLWZAHAgFSwlo1gKajRxg

Im not sure what the returns policy is for BLB issues but if your returning it within 14 days you would have to pay to send it back.

Here are some more images.

Soldato
OP
I bought one of these monitors this weekend and it has some BLB but not much from what I can see. I have tried some programs with dark windows and cannot notice it at all. I think it will only be an issue for me if i'm sitting in the dark looking at an almost black screen.

y3mzh8VcR3-XVqG8Uq8DBo9QGXGejKmWhOUGjnppdqBByJBN3EzxRARJKKFgEp-4bhVCeeJAl9R07m0grrRyhNYro_E6clro3wB1TRei-RwELtoHPImO25Il_cEyjD9bzXwhTXUNxFHh3W5j81kjp3jP2bLWZAHAgFSwlo1gKajRxg

Im not sure what the returns policy is for BLB issues but if your returning it within 14 days you would have to pay to send it back.

Here are some more images.

Yeah does not seem too bad from the images. Think I'll order this tomorrow so it gets delivered on a day I can be at home on. I spoke to CS on live chat and they said they'd arrange collection if I had an unacceptable level of BLB or IPS glow.

How is the monitor anyway? Worth the purchase?

Associate
I've only been able to test it with my MacBook using HDMI as I'm building a PC atm.

I think it was worth the purchase. I had originally planned to get an Asus but not sure it's worth £100 more compared to this. Hopefully when I get my PC up and running I can test the full set of features. Watching some videos and browsing it was nice and clear with vibrant colours.

Soldato
OP
I had originally planned to get the Acer XB271HUA which was the same but TN. Had it locked in at £437. Decided £549 here for the AOC was too good to miss up for an IPS panel. I've now ordered this from here, DPD next day means it should arrive tomorrow for me.

Soldato
I'm really thinking about this. I play Overwatch on weekends heavily. Should I buy this? I feel £550 is a lot of money? Is it worth it? My 980Ti was a crazy £££ too. But this feels more difficult.

Soldato
OP
I'm really thinking about this. I play Overwatch on weekends heavily. Should I buy this? I feel £550 is a lot of money? Is it worth it? My 980Ti was a crazy £££ too. But this feels more difficult.

Right now I am using a very generic Acer 1080p 60hz TN panel which I bought for about £100 to display images from a GTX 1070. As a result it was an easier decision for me I suppose.

My budget was £500 for a monitor. Was hoping to get a 1440p 144hz g-sync tn within that. £50 more for IPS seemed excellent to me considering the current price of the ASUS and Acer as well as the pre-order price of the Viewsonic.

I'm getting delivery of this tomorrow, hopefully the specs live up to the billing. Picture quality is not something that dramatically deteriorates over a long period of time. I assume this monitor will last me 2 or 3 GPUs (including my current one). That's how I managed to justify it for myself. Plus it stops me from spending crazy on the g-sync ultrawides...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What's your initial thoughts mate? Appreciate any feedback as i'm thinking of ordering this for a new build in the next 4-5 weeks. Cheers,

My panel had a level of backlight bleed that I may perhaps have been able to talk myself round to keeping when weighed up with the hassle of returning. It was kind of like the pictures above but worse. I was trying to get myself accustomed to it but always had that niggle in my head that it was there and I could see it and I paid £550 for the monitor. I think I would've returned it in the end for this issue anyway.

Unfortunately it also came with something in between the backlight and the screen. It made a little thin black line under the screen which you couldn't wipe away as it was under the screen. First time i've seen that before. As a result they are picking it up tomorrow and I'm getting a refund on it. I would've happily got a replacement but they don't send one out until they've received this one and I've already got the Acer Predator XB271HUA 1440p 144hz g-sync TN panel on pre-order which I think I will take now unless a very good alternative turns up.

I have to say the picture quality on the AOC for the little time I spent with it until I realised the problem that it had was lovely. It is just a shame I got a panel in an unacceptable state.

Associate
Well I've just taken the plunge and placed my order - I like the base on this monitor over the ASUS and reviews are reasonably positive - for the price I feel it's worth a punt, £560 including shipping.

A little skeptical until it arrives so I can test for any defects, but OC have a very good reputation in sorting you out if something does arise - but hopefully not.

I'll post back with my view in a couple of days.

Associate

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear it was not up to standard, you got to wonder why their QC never picked up on this... damn it's just such a lottery nowadays. Seems the more you spend on a monitor, the higher the risks of defects... crazy!

Hope the XB271HUA works out better for you mate!

Associate
Well, my monitor has arrived with me at work - box is in perfect condition - no dents or marks at all - seems to have been very carefully handled :D

Hoping it's defective free upon setting up tonight - fingers crossed

I'll post back on my findings :cool:

Soldato
I received the AG271QX yesterday. Very pleased with it.

Yes I am a poor AMD person. :(

Although a RX480 and the above screen seems to be working wonders..

Soldato
Overwatch is so crispy smoothhhhhh

Also, like the least amount of BLB I have seen on these types of Panels. Very impressed with mine.

Although my screws for my stand were not in the box. I had to find some spares. Hoping they wouldn't screw into the panel lol.

Soldato
OP
Overwatch is so crispy smoothhhhhh

Also, like the least amount of BLB I have seen on these types of Panels. Very impressed with mine.

Although my screws for my stand were not in the box. I had to find some spares. Hoping they wouldn't screw into the panel lol.

This spec at £550 is a steal so glad you got a panel with no issues! I would've got a replacement for mine if I didn't have the XB271HUA which is this spec but TN instead of IPS on pre-order for £437, which arrives either today or tomorrow for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom