black mirror

Associate
So 6 new episodes on Netflix, I feel positively spoiled. Haven't had a chance to check any of them out yet but needless to say I shan't be rushing them as this kind of TV is far too good to binge on.

I hope you've done it again Mr Brooker.

Soldato
Just finished the next two.

Quality stuff.
The second episode should appeal to the OcUK gamer crowd.

Hard to say anything without spoiling it, so I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
Soldato
They slap the Netflix Original tag on loads of stuff they probably shouldn't, even stuff they don't have a hand in making at all like the AMC shows.

If they've commissioned it, outbid or taken it over after the original network dropped it, then it's theirs to do with as they please.

Soldato
Didn't see the twist coming on season 3 episode 3!

This was definitely the episode that made me think the most about it afterwards, really well done imo.

In order of awesome so far

ep3
ep1/ep2 joint
ep4

Last edited:
Caporegime
Season 3 is out? Wooooo.

I've just recently re-watched season 1 and 2 :D

Episode 3 - WOW. What a twist!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm going to buck the trend and say that season 3 is good TV but it's far from groundbreaking. It's being reviewed by fans of the show who are potentially connecting dots that aren't there.

Caporegime
It doesn't. A lot of the Internet is fawning over it though and I think you need to watch it without being exposed to the hype. Like with a lot of things.

I don't know whether previous seasons did have fresher ideas than the current one, or whether Black Mirror in 2016 is suffering from existing in a world where Black Mirror has already happened.

Edit: The soundtrack on ep. 1 is a thing of beauty, though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally, I wasn't exposed to the hype, and had no expectations other than something positive based on watching the previous stuff.

It's always been based on that near future believablity, reflection on current society and where it's heading, and I think it succeeds in that.

If we're nitpicking, then no, the ideas generally aren't super fresh compared to what's come before.

Caporegime
I'm going to buck the trend and say that season 3 is good TV but it's far from groundbreaking. It's being reviewed by fans of the show who are potentially connecting dots that aren't there.

I agree,

S1 was far more edgy and dark...

Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed the series...But it seems to be dumbed down some what...

The production value is brilliant...

But

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2089050/

a lot of it is nothing new from S1

Y8Orm6L.jpg

we take the "History of you" concept and apply to the military.."Men Against Fire"

Last edited:
Associate
Season 3 is out? Wooooo.

I've just recently re-watched season 1 and 2 :D

Episode 3 - WOW. What a twist!

I agree with you on the twist, because after you finish watching it make you start to think, say it is really happening, like many years ago when i watch the matrix as a kid, i started to think it was true, in a sense we could all be in a big room all hooked up to a machine right now and we would know the differences.

Back
Top Bottom