Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I'm pretty sure no 2-stroke 125's are learner legal unless they're restricted, as they're normally over 15bhp.

If you're on a CBT, suck it up and get a 4-stroke and 'enjoy' full throttle in every gear, all the time :D

Then once you've got a full licence anything under 400cc won't be of interest :p

Associate
Just see another damaged bike on the usual roundabout near me A20/M20 junction. A rather sorry looking Ducati Panigale, broken plastics etc. No one around so it must've happened a while ago.

Mild autumn weather, luke warm tyres on leaf ridden roads etc. Be careful out there you knee down fair weather warriors ;)

Caporegime
I'm pretty sure no 2-stroke 125's are learner legal unless they're restricted, as they're normally over 15bhp.

If you're on a CBT, suck it up and get a 4-stroke and 'enjoy' full throttle in every gear, all the time :D

Then once you've got a full licence anything under 400cc won't be of interest :p

That's the reason I want a smoker. They scream like hell and really get the blood going, but when you look down you're still under the speed limit. A four stroke 125 just sounds like a lawnmower.

I'm also seriously considering buying used scooters, fixing them up and selling them as a bit of a hobby on the side. some seriously good deals on Gumtree just because people don't know how to fix them.

Soldato
Still no salt been laid down here. Autumn is clinging on - it was 19 degrees in Suffolk today!

Yeah it's been quite warm here today, had a ride out to helmet city as they're only 40 minutes away, saw my next helmet - Shoei GT-Air primal tc4, one of the 2017 colours. Looks very nice in the flesh, love how Shoei helmets have loads of little touches to them.

Soldato
It's not that warm! :eek: thermal liner is still in my leather jacket!

The rear tyre on my CB400 is close to being worn out, I'll have gotten nearly 10k out of it, so not bad going. It's going to be an expensive winter - my garage will be ordered this week, then there's stuff for the garage (lights/power, flooring, oximiser) then a loooooong list of bits for the Tuono to get over winter; new chain (current one is lifting off the sprockets a bit too much), rad guards, front bobbins, paddock stand bobbins, tank grip pads.

Then comes the buying of nice bits, rather than necessary bits for the Tuono :D

Rearsets, RSV4/KTM master cylinder, some Ti bits (rear axle nut, maybe some caliper bolts), quickshifter, gear indicator, maybe some levers...

Then some new leathers and the above mentioned GT-Air come spring, with a Sena 10U to go with it.

Soldato
Took a trip to j&s this morning to give it a run before winter sets in. Ain't been on it for over a month, felt nice to get back in the saddle.

Forgot how fun the quick shifter is :D

Did my first wheelie too, was deliberate. Roll on the throttle then off then back on again, must have risen 2-3ft, had foot on the rear brake just in case. Felt very happy with my self :)

Soldato
Took the bike for a blast on some new back roads today - with two old folk cycling towards me I went over a hump in the road which decided to launch my ass about a foot up in the air, hope they enjoyed the view :D

Back
Top Bottom