MR E to be replaced?

Soldato
Absolutely brilliant news, always liked Brawn (even though Ive hated Ferrari with a passion for decades)

Should make the sport more interesting (not sure if more new tracks are planned, but with a former designer at the top should help with getting better tracks - and with any possible future rule changes).

Caporegime
Personally not happy with the news, not that Brawn isn't great and wouldn't be good at the job but, for me there are two teams working well currently, Merc and RBR. The sport needs great team bosses and the sport doesn't have enough. I'd far far prefer to see a team nab him as Renault, Ferrari or Mclaren boss.

I can see him taking charge bringing any of those teams into competitiveness for 2018(too late for 2017 now), where as as the man in charge of sporting for F1, well he's not going to do much of anything before 2020 now is he. I also think he has more power to make a great team individually as a team boss than he'll have to make overall good decisions for the sport.

As team boss you do whatever you can to make your team competitive, as boss of the sport, you're in a political position where teams can vote against stuff you think will even up the sport.

So while he can certainly improve a team, he may be blocked from doing anything genuinely good for the sport as a boss.

Last edited:
Soldato
It now appears Brawn is denying all rumours, he's just consulting. Pity. I reckon he'd be decent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37847748

Actually listen to the recent R5L interview and its a little more interesting

something along the lines of "Ive consulted with Liberty but they arent in a position to sign contracts until the buyout is complete" which to me not only sounds completely fair but also potential for him doing something senior alongside / instead of BE in the (near ) future.

It also states he wouldnt be interested in a position within a single team and his explanation makes a lot of sense given what he has done in the past.

The 50ish minutes was actually interesting and I will probably be getting his book at some point because of it.

Back
Top Bottom