• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Haswell vs Skylake

Soldato
Introduce the OP to your pal with the 3770K. Thats about a £100 less than they fetch on the popular action site and you can still get hold of new motherboards for socket 1155.

Sure will do if i don't go for it, i even have a 3570k spare too, the problem with 1155 is it's at the age where you don't want to spend funny money, in case it goes wrong.
You can buy locked new q77 boards and probably find a good 2nd hand z77 board.
But like everything it's the risk you take.

Soldato
Sure will do if i don't go for it, i even have a 3570k spare too, the problem with 1155 is it's at the age where you don't want to spend funny money, in case it goes wrong.

You can still pretty much all of the Intel range of motherboards. The Z chipsets are eye watering expensive, but decent enough B and H boards are still cheap.

Soldato

My girlfriend's Z68 motherboard died about a year ago and I couldn't find a single Z68 or Z77 replacement on MM or the well known auction site. Had to get a new H77 in the end I think, which means her i5-2500K only runs at 3.7 GHz now.

Back
Top Bottom