silly season - F1 2017 driver line up

Soldato

seems so, but where is TBC. article hints at move to Williams

also says he will likely be replaced by James Allison from Ferrari

Paddy hasn't started discussing renewal with Mercedes until now so probably nothing can be confirmed.
James Allison isn't with Ferrari he is a free agent now but could easily fill Paddy's shoes I think.

I'm still waiting to see where Ross Brawn will reappear, probably within the FIA though.

As for drivers, it's looking like the commentators are looking at Bottas or Sainz as Rosberg replacements. I'd still love to see JB back in the new cars.
Andi.

LzR

LzR

Associate

Wow. Part of a deal for Bottas? Leaves the door open for James Allison @ Mercedes.
Andi.
Probably not 'part' of the deal more a sweetener, but like you say a strong pointer to Bottas being the man to replace Rosberg. I bet Williams are going to come out of all this with a huge smile on their face. They get Lowe, cash/discounts, and probably a replacement driver for someone who would have left next year anyway. Win win all round I guess, although I don't really rate Bottas I remain open to be surprised.

Soldato
Well, you'd hope it would be Ocon or Wehrlein - they're both quick and what's the point of a junior programme if you don't employ the drivers when the opportunity arises. I'd be amazed if Bottas gets it - I would assume it would only be due to his connections with Wolff as I'm not sure I really rate him as it stands.

Soldato
Williams can't afford to let Bottas go, there simply isn't another experienced driver of that calibre they could attract, and two rookies just isn't going to work for them.

On the other hand, with £10m at stake they probably can't afford to keep him either. Button being released from McLaren is the only option I can see that would work for them.

Back
Top Bottom