Tidal Lossless streaming

Caporegime
they are (spotify and deezer) both working on it. They have the platform already it's just liscensing and server bandwidth which when they are so much bigger will be more than just improving the data. :o

Qobuz never affected deezer or spotify's growth.

Deezer elite is already out but currently only to Sonos devices, subscribed already and enjoying lossless FLAC :)

Worried about this move for artists owning Tidal. Can envisage more and more artists will become Tidal exclusive and they'll be free to ramp up prices.

Associate
and you are telling me that you can hear above 22.05kHz (44.1/2)?

If so, you are probably a bat
That made me laugh :D probably more than it should have done.

Worried about this move for artists owning Tidal. Can envisage more and more artists will become Tidal exclusive and they'll be free to ramp up prices.
Now that is a very good point, and one I certainly hadn't thought of.
I hope your wrong but I'm not going to hold my breath that the users are going to be the winners from Mr Z's generous buy out of Tidal

Soldato
and you are telling me that you can hear above 22.05kHz (44.1/2)?

If so, you are probably a bat

I concur.

The only 24/96 stuff i have that i can tell the difference with is a couple of vinyl rips. But even then that's comparing different master sources, high quality vinyl vs standard CD.

Soldato
OP
Deezer elite is already out but currently only to Sonos devices, subscribed already and enjoying lossless FLAC :)

I think i can live without madonna and Jay Z in my deezer playlist

Soldato
Does anyone know what to set ones DAC at for Tidal HiFi?

It is meant to be higher quality and my DAC will go right up to 192.

It says -

How Good Is The Sound Quality On TIDAL?
Normal quality:

96 kbps (AAC +)

High quality:

320 kbps (AAC)

HiFi:

Flac 1411 kbps - Lossless

(16/44.1 khz)

I run those settings on Spotify anyway as advised? :confused:

Soldato
It's all 16/44.1 (including Tidal HiFi), so set it to 44.1 unless you have anything that uses higher.

I just leave mine set to 24/96 for everything and it sounds fine but I do have a couple of high bit rate recordings.

Soldato
I have changed my mind. Tidal is noticeably better, by quite a bit. Music is richer all round, but the fact that I don't pay for Spotify and Tidal HiFi is £20 a month means it is unlikely that I will go past the free trial.

Man of Honour
I have changed my mind. Tidal is noticeably better, by quite a bit. Music is richer all round, but the fact that I don't pay for Spotify and Tidal HiFi is £20 a month means it is unlikely that I will go past the free trial.

I think it depends a bit tune to tune - I've noticed some on Spotify that sound horribly compressed even at max quality compared to the same version on Youtube! though I can't be entirely sure that they are otherwise identical.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It completely depends on the album/song master. I have Tidal HiFi for 30 days and have yet to feel any value into the lossless aspect over Spotify. There are poor sound quality tracks on Tidal, just like Spotify. But there are also equally excellent ones on both as well.

Spotify is just better due to convenience and relative quality of the streams and the value you get from it.

I compared in the HD650 thread the very same songs that a member said had night and day difference on both platforms and found absolutely no difference at all.

Back
Top Bottom