Spec me some ear buds £100

Hi I am looking for some new ear buds around the £100 mark, ideally lower. I was thinking about:

Jaybird x2

Jaybird

Sennheiser Momentum

Shure SE215.

Does anyone have an first hand experience of the above?

I hear great things about Jaybird but understand they lack bass but have great mid and high tones. I like the wireless feature but I was looking (listening) for a good bass. Would the Shure be a better bet?

It's a shame I cant take my phone to a shop to try each one.

I ended up getting a good deal on the Jaybird x2.

Edit: Which sound fantastic. I'm sitting here listening to some classical music and hearing tones which were buried by cheaper models. The clarity and the bass rumble is amazing. The trouble is that some of my mp3s are of lower quality and with these new earbuds, I can really hear that and tell the difference. I recommend using Power Amp as well. Very nice player on Android and very customisabled.

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't even know that logitech owned Jaybird! :o Show's what I know about earphones :p

Hopefully they should do, but these new consumer rights and regulations, while supposedly making things simpler, are less so in my opinion. A fault occurs within first 6 months, is deemed to be a manufacturing fault. Fault occurs after 6 months, and the consumer has to prove it was there to being with?

Isn't that surely going from what was commonly a 12 month warranty with products sold in the UK (unless stated otherwise) to a 6 month warranty? If something fails after 6 months, how in the world is someone going prove it was there from the word go?

Anyway; hope you get some success with getting a replacement. :)

Well there have been some developments today and not in a good way. After the initial email offering to replace them, now they are asking me for photographic evidence to "evaluate" my claim when I have already received an email which unequivocally states they will replace them.

I am now feeling annoyed to say the least and have responded in kind and sent the original email offer to them.

Hi ,

My name is xxxxx, I would like to inform you that we will be able to help you with your Jaybird.
At the moment your X2 are not available for replacement and we would like to offer you Jaybird Freedom as a replacement. Please check the specifications and the colors on the link below and let us know what is the color that you prefer. https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-us/freedom-bluetooth-headphones.html

Also please provide your Address information:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Company (if any):
- Address:
- Postal Code:
- City:
- County/State (if any):
- Telephone Number (including country code):

Thank you in advance for providing this information.

For future reference your case number is xxxxxx. Please refer to this case number if you have any questions or concerns and would like to contact us. You can reach us through chat, email, community, or phone.

We'd also like to invite you to be part of our Jaybird community — where fans can share ideas, questions and get information. We're here to support you at all times.

https://support.jaybirdsport.com/s/

Best regards,

xxxxxx
Jaybird Customer Experience
support.jaybirdsport.com
#PowerYourPassion, #RunLikeYouStoleIt

Last edited:
I called again today and spoke with the first person I had spoken to and who had authorised the replacement. She asked me to cut the cord and take a photo of the headphones, I guess to prove I wasn't scamming. I did this and now it is back on track for replacement.

The whole situation has left a bitter taste and what had originally been seen as great customer service now feels like it's been a right chore.

hmtzEJ8.jpg

So far, fantastic sound quality, lovely deep bass with great mids and highs. The clarity is as good if not better than the X2. Much smaller to fit in the old lug hole. The controller doesn't feel too large and the buttons have a more positive feel to a press. They seem a little quieter than the X2 but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom