Recommendations for 2.1 Gaming Speakers

Associate
My primary setup is an 02 DAC/AMP with a pair of HD650's and the purpose for these speakers will be for gaming, I don't intend to watch movies or play music on them.

I find it difficult with my current setup, especially in Overwatch, to place the sounds of other players, I can rarely hear if an enemy is walking near me and usually when someone is directly behind me it comes as a complete surprise. I've watched a lot of streamers and other people play the game and they seem to have excellent awareness of peoples location solely based upon footstep noises, I simply can't hear them clearly enough with my current setup.

I've seen the Corsair SP2500 which are targeted at "gamers" and those look interesting but, I've also looked at studio monitors that look appealing, there are tons of speakers out there and I am curious on what other people are using. I may need a DAC to go with the speakers as well depending on which ones I purchase (I won't use a sound card) so, if anyone has recommendations let me know.

While there are probably other headphones that would be better suited for this purpose, the other reason I am after speakers is because, headphones are literally doing my head in and I want to be free of them.

I am prepared to spend about £300-400 on this

Back
Top Bottom