The Hum...

Caporegime
Yes it is a pwm pump. Tried altering the speed via software but it doesn't sound to be having any effect. I'll try manually adjusting it next.

I assume its set to 2 but it could also be 5... Not sure. Hard to reach with a screwdriver in its current position.

http://imgur.com/a/6idkO

Look like 5. Turn it anti clockwise. if it only moves so far it was on 2. If you can move the bit which points to 5 all the way round to 2 then it wasnt.

Associate
OP
I don't think that's PWM and yes it looks to be at 5, which will explain the noise.

I'm an idiot. Problem solved.

I had tried adjusting pump speed but I did it via software which clearly wasn't working.

I looked at the pump setting on the pump before installation and assumed it was set to 2, but it was in fact 5.

Now at 2 and the damn thing runs almost silent.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Soldato
I'm an idiot. Problem solved.

I had tried adjusting pump speed but I did it via software which clearly wasn't working.

I looked at the pump setting on the pump before installation and assumed it was set to 2, but it was in fact 5.

Now at 2 and the damn thing runs almost silent.

Thanks for the input everyone.

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted.

Associate
OP
WHy does your water bubbles not even move in reservoir in your vid though?

I'm assuming the water is flowing the most through the bottom of the reservoir which is why there are no bubbles there.

They've only stuck around higher up the res. The water itself flies through the loop (not surprisingly as it was on full whack!).

These are my temps playing gta5 (red = cpu core 1 and green = gpu).

Seems fine as far as I can tell:
http://imgur.com/a/YfXZh

CPU's a little hotter than I was hoping on stock but not exactly sure what's considered normal for an i7. Was running an AMD 8320 previously.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Makes sense, I can't see how pump speed would matter much, true it spends more time heating up, but it also spends more time cooling off in the radiators...

On another note it's very weird seeing the GPU at <50.c in a game when it's whisper quiet. Beats the hell out of the 90.c I used to get with my 7970 on air. Got to love water cooling.

Soldato
On another note it's very weird seeing the GPU at <50.c in a game when it's whisper quiet. Beats the hell out of the 90.c I used to get with my 7970 on air. Got to love water cooling.

Yea, it's definitely worth the time and effort and dare I say it, the cost. I've got 2 * 980ti and an overclocked chip and its whisper quiet at full pelt, even after a couple of hours. I had it all on air and the heat and noise was unbearable.

Caporegime
Agreed. Wtercoolinh, if doing right, isnt easy or cheap but my system in "quiet" mode with pump on level 2, fans running at 350 rpm keeps my titan under 40C and my cpu under 60C which is fine for gaming.

rack up the fans to 750 rpm and the titan drops to 31C

Back
Top Bottom