• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Palit GTX 1060 RMA Experience

Soldato
The website is down for maintenance but does it really matter as you would be dealing with OCUK for the two years RTB....?

I have just ordered a Palit Gamerock.

Soldato
You'll be going through OcUK, but the time it takes to repair/replace the card and get it back to you is on the manufacturer. Palit's RMA base is in Hong Kong I believe, so turnaround time might be a little longer than a company with a UK RMA base like Gigabyte or KFA2, or indeed a mainland Europe one like MSI or EVGA.

Soldato
Even if OCuk deal with it, my main concern would be waiting for like 4 weeks for a replacement GPU.

Yes you make a valid point. I suppose that is one reason why I have changed my order for a Gigabyte Gaming 1070. Their UK based support is nothing short of being superb.
The extra 0ne years warranty and my dealings with them in the past swung it for the extra cost to change.

Associate
OP
Yes you make a valid point. I suppose that is one reason why I have changed my order for a Gigabyte Gaming 1070. Their UK based support is nothing short of being superb.
The extra 0ne years warranty and my dealings with them in the past swung it for the extra cost to change.

Yeah, it's basically the only concern for me. I found a PNY model which looks exactly the same, but offers a 'lifetime warranty'. That claim seems a bit dubious to me if I'm honest.

Have any of you had experience with returning products to PNY?

Soldato
Never dealt with PNY personally, but I know their RMA centre is in France and that they do offer a direct RMA service with the end user (so long as you don't mind paying to ship the card to France).

Associate
Just had to RMA a Palit 980Ti to a competitor, it took 28days as expected for them to issue a refund (card could not be repaired). The competitor checked it and had it off to Hong Kong within a week of me sending it.

Associate
I didn't know there would be issues with long RMA times before buying my Palit 1070. Hopefully it will be fine, but if I ever face a 1 month wait for RMA I would probably find myself buying a cheap 2nd hand card just as a spare.

Soldato
I didn't know there would be issues with long RMA times before buying my Palit 1070. Hopefully it will be fine, but if I ever face a 1 month wait for RMA I would probably find myself buying a cheap 2nd hand card just as a spare.

I had to balance a similar thought against that of just paying the extra for the Gigabyte card, with a couple of days or so turnaround with a UK based RMA and an extra years warranty.

That was a large influence as to why I changed my order to the three fan Gigabyte Gaming GPU.

Permabanned

That's the way to go, It's best to always have something as a back up. At the moment my back-up is an Nvidia 8600GT :( It was an HD5570 but I sold that, Maybe I need to get another :) just in case.

Soldato
That's the way to go, It's best to always have something as a back up. At the moment my back-up is an Nvidia 8600GT :( It was an HD5570 but I sold that, Maybe I need to get another :) just in case.

Can you imagine spending a month with a 8600GT after a 1070...?!

I remember doing something similar a good while back and my older venerable card no longer worked in the modern day, at the time, motherboard - even though it was slot compatible.

It is worthwhile finding that out before you might need it...!

Last edited:
Associate
I have an old GTX 260 somewhere, and a 560 in my brother's old PC with a dead motherboard, so either of those could be a good spare card. I would think integrated graphics would be better than a 8600 GT ;)

Back
Top Bottom