• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Are your international orders being sent at the same time as the U.K orders? I was told a couple of days ago that I was 250th in line, so mine should be shipping very soon no? Was the place in line I got told likely for the OC version or all Nitros?

Associate
I never would have thought when I decided I wanted a new graphics card 6 months ago it would have led to being part of a revolution, but here I am, an AMD fanboy now more than ever, diligently waiting for the gifts from my new overlords. Hire me and do what you want with my body AMD!

news flash:amd to reveal a human cyborg next year lol . orderd mine on the 16th. No email yet

Caporegime
Drop a web note

Undervolt my friend, you'll knock at least 5c off the temperatures and can run a lower fan speed.

What is the default voltage in Wattman and Asic of your GPU? Mine was 72.3% Asic and 1137v at default and runs happily at 1050v.

I never would have thought when I decided I wanted a new graphics card 6 months ago it would have led to being part of a revolution, but here I am, an AMD fanboy now more than ever, diligently waiting for the gifts from my new overlords. Hire me and do what you want with my body AMD!

LOL!

Associate
I ordered mine on the 25th. I'll post here when I receive notice so others who have ordered before/after me have an idea of timings :)

I'm not going to bother the team at OCUK, I can wait, after all it's just a toy :) It certainly feels like time stands still when you've placed a pre-order though. It's a bit like being a small boy again the night before Christmas!

I ordered mine that day too and didn't have your level of restraint - I had to ask :) I was told that amazon orders meant it was only an approximate figure but that I was approximately 200th in the queue, which honestly was better than I thought it would be. No dispatch yet but fingers crossed for the next few days

Associate
Interesting, I ordered on the 25th too, dunno about anyone else but I kinda broke several of my own rules doing so:
No reviews for the card
Not a 2x or more increase from my current card (7870 XT)
Doesn't cover my future upgrade path (I want a huge monitor)
Not a clear price/performance winner, the 1060 gives it a serious run for the money which for me is the first time I've had to think about an nVidia card.

While the card is not here in my grubby mitts I just keep wondering if I should have spend 50% more and got a 1070 and to hell with the G-Sync premium.

Associate
Interesting, I ordered on the 25th too, dunno about anyone else but I kinda broke several of my own rules doing so:
No reviews for the card
Not a 2x or more increase from my current card (7870 XT)
Doesn't cover my future upgrade path (I want a huge monitor)
Not a clear price/performance winner, the 1060 gives it a serious run for the money which for me is the first time I've had to think about an nVidia card.

While the card is not here in my grubby mitts I just keep wondering if I should have spend 50% more and got a 1070 and to hell with the G-Sync premium.

Had the same dilemma last night. Tried to put through an order for the £460 GTX 1070; however the payment failed and it gave me a night to sleep on it (fate intervened maybe)?

So torn as what to do. Nitro is still at least a week away. Not sure if a GTX 1070 or Nitro + OC is better price/perf on my 1920x1200(non adaptive sync) monitor.

Associate
Mine was Due between 10:00 - 11:00 but i'm not home so have had to get it sent to a DPD Pickup point.

I really hope I can collect it today!

Back
Top Bottom