**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Caporegime
Like the look of this. Great for what I need. I am on bt mobile which uses ee network. Would thai work ok?
Is there a lot to set up on these phones?

Mines worked perfectly out the box.

I actually drunkenly dropped it the other night, pretty damn high too. Maybe 15ft or so, and apart from a light scratch on the screen and the casing on the side being slightly bent it's done very well. Considering the damage that happened to my Samsung dropped from 2ft, which smashed the crap out if it. The build quality to cost ratio is quite outstanding.

Associate
Anyone used quidco when buying from aliexpress?

Just ordered an Mi5 and was successfully tracked but the price quidco have shown as tracked is in £'s but the figure is what the phone cost in $'s.. just wondering if they pick up on this error or if i've scored for a bit extra cash :)

Soldato
Anyone used quidco when buying from aliexpress?

Just ordered an Mi5 and was successfully tracked but the price quidco have shown as tracked is in £'s but the figure is what the phone cost in $'s.. just wondering if they pick up on this error or if i've scored for a bit extra cash :)

Mine didn't track had to do a manual claim, that looks to be going through the motions now and is worth around £11 or so from a £177 buy.

Soldato
My phone will be here tomorrow and just in time,my HTC one m7 battery is on its last legs,it was on 32% last night and just died,plugged it in and the battery was dead.

Soldato
The build quality to cost ratio is quite outstanding.

This x1000. There is just no reason to buy the big brands phones any more (obviously Xiaomi are quite big now :p).

Got my Redmi 3 for £106 and once I'd gotten rid of the reseller ROM, it was so much better than the iPhone 5 it replaced, especially the epic battery life.

Soldato
Had my Xiaomi mi5 since 11th April but it appears that front speaker has gone no sound on videos but I get button and key press sounds and also phone ringtone sound any ideas?

I think the speaker on the phone are poor in all honesty I did the sound calibration test in kernel and said FO failed :( Very disappointed it barely lasted a month and it seems to have given up the ghost or maybe there a bug I dont know.

I bought it from Honorbuy anyone know if they are good with returns but going to cost abit i would imagine?

Soldato
Got my oukitel k6000,phone looks really really nice,just updating it at the moment and charging it,will have a play tonight when i put my sim in it,but so far so good,really liking it.

Associate
Got my oukitel k6000,phone looks really really nice,just updating it at the moment and charging it,will have a play tonight when i put my sim in it,but so far so good,really liking it.

pls do man, i might pick one up for my mum.

she is still using a samsung flip phone with real buttons haha. this phone though might just do the trick as it has a huge battery :)

Associate
ok been looking at loads of chinese phones, im thinking of either the redmi pro 3, or redmi note 3 pro ?
whis is better out of the two, and can someone tell me if its possible to flash stock android 6.0 without the miui? or is not a big deal? thanks :)

also been looking at cubot x17? and doogee f5?
alternativley is there a better phone in same sort of price range? first time buyer for a chinese phone! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom