Laptop with good battery life (<£300)

Associate
Hi guys, I'm looking for a laptop primarily for web browsing and light programming/LaTeX use. Below I've listed some criteria:

Essential:

Good battery life, anything >=7 hours of web browsing will do.

As light as possible.

Less than 15.6" screen, 14" would be ideal. This will probably help with the weight.

Reasonable performance: My current acer aspire 5332 is pretty slow. I could install an SSD but it wouldn't significantly improve its current 90 minute battery life. As a minimum I'd settle for something with an i3 Haswell.

I've based my requirements on the Dell latitude 3440 (the i3 one) and I've found a refurbished one on the internet for less than £170. My only problem with this specific one is that the seller doesn't know exactly what the battery life will be. Other than that, I'm fine with purchasing refurbished or used laptops.

It's probably a stretch with the budget I have in mind, but hopefully someone here can suggests something that fits the bill. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I'll be installing a Linux distro so a Windows laptop isn't necessary, I'll also manually upgrade it to a 256GB SSD if it doesn't already have an SSD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom