New laptop advice (Football manager & video editing)

Associate
Hey,

Have been using a 2012 macbook pro for a few years now but it's time for a change.

I will be using the laptop primarily for general use (internet, word, etc) and also playing football manager, which I'd like to run as fast as possible which my old macbook struggles with - I'd imagine CPU & RAM are most important here. I'd also like it to be able to handle some video editing with Adobe Premier.

I haven't got much experience with laptops and have only ever owned the macbook so would appreciate any advice. I don't really have a set budget but would like to get the best value for money while meeting my performance needs. I did try to do some of my own research and the Microsoft Surface Book and the Dell XPS 15 kept popping up but don't know if they're regarded as overpriced or if they do provide the performance to go with it. The Surface Book did intrigue me with the ability to turn into a tablet as well.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Soldato
I've got the XPS 15 and have to say it's brilliant - very good spec for the money as well when compared to the similar spec surface book which costs an awful lot more and I believe only has a dual core i7 whereas the XPS 15 uses the quad core i7.

You can get the top spec XPS 15 (1TB SSD, 32GB RAM) for about the same if not much more than the 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM surface book! It also has a better GPU in the 960M 2GB.

Back
Top Bottom