Lab: Server 2016 & Exchange 2016 - external access not working via HTTPS

Soldato
Hi

I've got a server 2016/exchange 2016 setup in my test lab. Exchange is running CU4 to enable compatibility with server 2016. The Server 2016 was an upgrade from Server 2012R2 as I wanted to test what happens.

The issue I'm facing is that externally, any connection over HTTPS refuses to connect (I've solved the cypher issues from HTTP/2 I think). Over activesync or internally on the network outlook and owa work fine.

Anyone else had issues like this? I've read the issues relating to Server 2016 upgrades and netlogin etc. and exchange is running fine, but I think something has happened to IIS on the upgrade.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Chris

Soldato
Hi

I've got a server 2016/exchange 2016 setup in my test lab. Exchange is running CU4 to enable compatibility with server 2016. The Server 2016 was an upgrade from Server 2012R2 as I wanted to test what happens.

The issue I'm facing is that externally, any connection over HTTPS refuses to connect (I've solved the cypher issues from HTTP/2 I think). Over activesync or internally on the network outlook and owa work fine.

Anyone else had issues like this? I've read the issues relating to Server 2016 upgrades and netlogin etc. and exchange is running fine, but I think something has happened to IIS on the upgrade.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Chris

youve probably checked, but can you port forward to other internal 443 traffic/services.

Soldato
OP
Yes. I might have found the issue... Its something on the proxy outside of the main lab. Via the 4g connection on my phone, using Chrome, its loading fine... connected to the main network (lab is isolated) this is the issue. The proxy might not be configured correctly for HTTP/2 so I'm checking with the other guys!

Back
Top Bottom