Any one have any experience with Zenoss monitoring?

Soldato
Trying to set up some thresholds and warning on servers so that we get different alerts at 25c, 30c and 40c.

I know how to add these values to an existing monitoring template, but the problem is that it then goes and applies it's self across all components.

So we are having alerts from components whose normal thresholds are already higher than these values.

What I really want is ambient temperature alerts.

I can see in the documentation there is a way to set this up as components templates but I cant find anything else about how to actually do this.

Soldato
OP
OK.....

Maybe a bit more generic question.

I need to get the OID for the Ambient temperature sensor on our HP servers.

SNMPWALK from Zenoss doesn't seem to work. But I found out you can download the Mibs from HP which theoretically will have the OID I am looking for.

I've never done this kind of thing before. Any one have any thoughts?

In the installation instructions here, it says you need to be running the HPE Systems Insight Manager but I have no idea if we are.

I was expecting to untar an archive and dump the mibs in a directory where Zenoss would pick them up.

----

Importing mibs in to Zenoss

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

I keep reading things like this:

"A little repetitive but Zenoss only uses mibs to decode traps, I repeat Zenoss only uses mibs to decode traps.

It does not use the mibs to query devices or doing any collection activity."

But as far as I know I need the OID's of the ambient temperature sensor so I can set up thresholds and graphs against this sensor.

Am I even vaguely heading in the right direction?

Back
Top Bottom