I Think I may have broke it..

Associate
I did an driver update from Aus and after my pc restarted it came up with wait while windows updates on the mb screen, restarted again and now nothing is happening. Can't boot to Bios, it's just a black screen. This is currently where im at. I've gotten bored of this and already have a new MB coming, but in the meantime I would be interested if we could fix it :rolleyes:

So any suggestions on what I can do to overcome this little problem?

Soldato
It probably tried to update the bios and bricked the board. If you try to RMA the board it might not be in your interest to mention thar you used unofficial unverified tools to update the bios cause that could result in them denying your return.

Associate
OP
Ah right, this would have no effect on the cpu hopefully?

With the coin problem, have I done something wrong as the pc used to turn on with no boot, now since removing and inserting the pc is dead cold, no fans no lights now.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, removing the battery will just reset any custom bios settings to factory settings.

How long did you leave the battery out for? It might be worth leaving it out for a good 5 mins, and unplug pc from mains to make sure its reset properly.

But if part of the updates you did were a bios update, if something went wrong or it was the wrong bios update, it could have goosed your board.

Associate
No, removing the battery will just reset any custom bios settings to factory settings.

How long did you leave the battery out for? It might be worth leaving it out for a good 5 mins, and unplug pc from mains to make sure its reset properly.

But if part of the updates you did were a bios update, if something went wrong or it was the wrong bios update, it could have goosed your board.

Surprised its still possible nowadays. Bricking boards from updating that is.

Man of Honour
Surprised its still possible nowadays. Bricking boards from updating that is.

One of the reasons you should NEVER use these third-party multiple driver update programs.

They claim great things and how simple they are to use, BUT, you never know what they are updating.

Do it manually, from the manufacturers site, 1 thing at a time.

Very rarely will you need to change BIOS, or any other driver for your motherboard if it is working already.

Soldato
A driver update wouldnt stop a PC at the POST. Its not even hit Windows.
Some of the explanation is a bit confusing. What the hell is "the coin" ?
What you need to do is go back right to the beginning. Open the case have it plugged in. Are there any lights on the MB with it off ?
Switch it on, (make sure if there is a switch on the PSU it is on too !) do you see the fans twitch and is there any activity at all ? If not and you are sure all cables are plugged in this would either suggest you've blown the fuse in the plug or the PSU is dead.

If you see activity on the motherboard or the fans twitch is something else. If you meanb y the "coin" you mean the CMOS battery make sure its put back properly. Check and double check all your cables and try again.

Back
Top Bottom