new build advice pls

Associate
hey peeps just in need of some advice, im currently looking to do a more compact build (itx) im going for the enthoo Evolv special edition itx case what im wanting to know is for the new build should i go skylake? im currently haswell with current build, obviously going more compact so components i have wont fit, im selling my current pc to fund new build.

i do some gaming a lot thought i would add that in.

thanks any questions feel free to ask

Associate
OP
It may be useful to spec budget and list ypur current parts.

dont really have a budget tbh im just getting stuff as i can afford them untill my pc sells.

i am currently running:

fractal define s case

asus z87 pro v-edition motherboard

core i3 4170

hyper 212 evo cooler

8gb of hyper x 1600mhz ram

corsair cx500m psu

128gb ssd

500gb sata hdd for storage

sapphire r9 380 nitro gpu

Associate
OP
dont really have a budget tbh im just getting stuff as i can afford them untill my pc sells.

i am currently running:

fractal define s case

asus z87 pro v-edition motherboard

core i3 4170

hyper 212 evo cooler

8gb of hyper x 1600mhz ram

corsair cx500m psu

128gb ssd

500gb sata hdd for storage

sapphire r9 380 nitro gpu

anyone?

Soldato
Case has adequate radiator support so an AIO is a good bet with it being smaller form factor. I have experience with the H105 and its a pleasure to work with.

The PSU is lovely, i use the same in my rig, the motherboard i have also worked with, the built in wi-fi is fantastic.

I don't know what type of price you where looking at, but the following will crush all 1080p and most 1440p gaming, and even be entry in to 4k.

PS. i have recommended the founders edition blower style GPU because of the restriction in air flow, it should perform better than an aftermarket cooling solution in a more confined space.

Capture.png

Associate
OP
Case has adequate radiator support so an AIO is a good bet with it being smaller form factor. I have experience with the H105 and its a pleasure to work with.

The PSU is lovely, i use the same in my rig, the motherboard i have also worked with, the built in wi-fi is fantastic.

I don't know what type of price you where looking at, but the following will crush all 1080p and most 1440p gaming, and even be entry in to 4k.

PS. i have recommended the founders edition blower style GPU because of the restriction in air flow, it should perform better than an aftermarket cooling solution in a more confined space.

Capture.png

nice spec sheet lol some of the stuff i wont be getting from that list some i will, so does that mean i should go skylake then? is there a real benefit going from haswell to skylake? i only really play a few fps games and watch movies etc on my pc just wanted something smaller for on my desk

Associate
OP
Really all you need is a Z87 ITX motherboard. Maybe a CPU cooler - I don't know if your current one will fit.

i think my cooler should fit i have seen builds in the same case with the big noctua coolers in them, i was maybe thinking of going for z97 or maybe just standard h series or b series motherboard and staying haswell just not sure its worth the money atm going to skylake and have to buy all new parts

Back
Top Bottom