Is my graphics card dead?

Associate
If i put my HDMI cable in to the graphics and then turn on my pc i get no image on screen but you can hear windows start up, if i turn it off and unplug it then connect the HDMI cable to the onboard graphics and then turn my pc back on the screen turns on fine

Associate
OP
Specs: ripjawsx 16gb ram / 120gb ssd and 1 tb hdd / i5 3570k / gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / amd 7970 / 650 watt psu

So this happened about a month ago i turned off pc when i was cleaning and moving my room around and later that day when i go to turn it on i had no signal, these are the things ive done so far

- Disabled onboard graphics
- Took GPU out then put back in
- Taken the RAM out and tried in different slots and 1 at a time
- I've checked wires and checked that everything is in right

Soldato
Similar happend to me before christmas. Carried my pc from the car to the house in the rain and then wouldn't boot no matter what I did. Ordered a new mobo from here and carried on. Tested the old mobo over the weekend before ditching it and it booted up!

Have you tried taking it all apart, clearing the cmos etc.

Associate
OP
So i turn all power off to pc, take battery out, then get something metal to touch the 2 pins take it off, then after 2 more mins put battery back in, then power up my gpu and turn pc on right?

Associate
OP
I've rung a few pc shops to see if they can test the gpu but they want around £40 for it -.- for something that wont take 5 mins, 1 thing i noticed a few days ago i plugged my razer keyboard in to the motherboard 3.0 usb and when i loaded up a game the lights on my keyboard started changing when i only ever have the lights on static, i then put them back on the top of the pc in the case usb and reset pc and it hasnt done it, does that sound like it could be problems with my motherboard instead and thats why the gpu is not working?

Soldato
like joey said ya really need to try something else in your pcie slots to see if your mobo is ok, do you have any friends or family that can lend you a GPU?

Back
Top Bottom