Someone will be happy in the morning

Soldato
I have just received their plane ticket by email for 7.05 flight from Gatwick tomorrow morning - I would blast down there now but they are only going to Glasgow.

Had quite a few emails to my name on my main account - from a nice lady sending her son some pictures of the work they had done on garden - another from a TV personality to my name sake - Even minutes for meeting at residents association.

Normally I try to send them a message back but in this case BA do not receive incoming on the email.

Yes they are legit - I Avasted them first before opening on BT home email page and I can recognise they are right. (so far):)

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Yep I get asked for my boarding pass at check in and then again just as entering the plane, without fail.

Unless the above posters are referring to flights from England to Gladgow where they may be more relaxed

daz

daz

Soldato
Someone like BA you just take your passport to the check-in desk and they'll do your boarding pass just from that. You only need to print your boarding pass at home on the low cost carriers.

Associate
it must depend on the airline since I always get asked for my boarding pass at check in and again at boarding. also any shops inside the departures area/arrivals duty free store

Isnt the boarding pass the thing you receive at check in??

I have always arrived at the airport with just a drivers licence. Tell them where im flying to and the print out my boarding pass which i then only need at the Gate and on boarding my flight.

Even if you do one of those self check-ins you can still go all the way to the gate without needing your boarding pass.

There are people who arrive at the airport with all of their booking documentation but its really not needed anymore.

Caporegime
Isnt the boarding pass the thing you receive at check in??

I have always arrived at the airport with just a drivers licence. Tell them where im flying to and the print out my boarding pass which i then only need at the Gate and on boarding my flight.

Even if you do one of those self check-ins you can still go all the way to the gate without needing your boarding pass.

There are people who arrive at the airport with all of their booking documentation but its really not needed anymore.

yes you get it at check in.
I just do it on-line and have a boarding pass on my phone, usually fly without a suitcase so get to skip the baggage queue :D

should have seen geneva the other week lol, must have been an hour queue for the bag drop and then security was about the same :O

had a text on my phone telling me to get to the airport 2-3 hours early but didn't bother since I had no suitcase anyway.

like 90% of my clothes are at my GF's house :D

Associate
I've been receiving emails intended for someone with my name, living in the USA for years. Had everything from round-robins for local church groups, to a PDF of a letter from his ex-wife, stating why she had been so unhappy with him. That was a read and a half!

Caporegime
Best mistaken contact I ever had, when I was out one night, was a series of mobile messages left on my phone. I only played them back next morning.

Started off with a message saying some system had gone down and they needed him in to fix it urgently. Then phone messages continued every 10 to 15 minutes until the final one after midnight which sounded frantic and fuming along the lines that the guy was a **** and that it was costing them £50k per hour in downtime, the entire workforce couldn't do anything and had been sent home and he hadn't called them back with a pathetic excuse or attended the breakdown and that he best look for another job on Monday as he was sacked. There was lots of expletives.

Always wondered what happened when manager found out he had been ringing the wrong number for hours come Monday morning.... :D

Soldato
I've been receiving emails intended for someone with my name, living in the USA for years. Had everything from round-robins for local church groups, to a PDF of a letter from his ex-wife, stating why she had been so unhappy with him. That was a read and a half!

Same, but for a guy in Australia and usually aircon invoices, but occasionally golf equipment or other randoms.

How on earth they manage to get their email wrong on so many I've no idea. I can't even imagine it's close. Mine is [email protected] and the email they're using is [email protected] (which Google won't allow as it's the secondary email for me), so lord knows why they think it's correct.

Soldato
I can only assume the DJ I texted the DJ to didn't like my recommendation to play something decent instead of the crud he was playing as a few days later I assume he put my number up instead of his as I started receiving requests to play songs.

Didn't bother me, I just replied what I thought of their request so presumably he wasn't very popular after that.

Soldato
Same, but for a guy in Australia and usually aircon invoices, but occasionally golf equipment or other randoms.

How on earth they manage to get their email wrong on so many I've no idea. I can't even imagine it's close. Mine is [email protected] and the email they're using is [email protected] (which Google won't allow as it's the secondary email for me), so lord knows why they think it's correct.

Entered it wrong once, now browser auto fills using the wrong address?

Soldato

You know gmail doesn't make a difference between firstname.surname and firstnamesurname?

[email protected] would still get to your email address :p

Soldato
Always wondered what happened when manager found out he had been ringing the wrong number for hours come Monday morning.... :D

I expect the guy got sacked, I can't imagine his manager in such a bad mood being willing to listen to a crap excuse like "I didn't have any missed calls/VMs"...

Back
Top Bottom