Hotel Recommendations Near JFK Airport Please? Also, any general NYC tips/suggstions.

Soldato
that's where the airport is so it cuts down on travelling to and from. open to any other suggestions though.

Yeh sorry, my question wasn't particularly clear :p I knew the airport was there, just wondered if there was a reason you wanted to stay close to the airport as opposed to somewhere else.

There are some hotels around the airport but to be honest the main places to visit (as I'm sure you are aware) are away from the airport so you either need to weigh up whether you want to spend a bit longer travelling daily to visit places and do things from the airport or whether you want to stay somewhere more central and then do your visits etc from there.

Associate
You will be much better off on Manhattan or Brooklyn as suggested, assuming you are there for at least a few days and are planning to do the normal touristy stuff? You can get a week subway pass and hop on and off all day long whereas you'll only be doing the airport journey twice I presume.

You can use the subway and a sky train to get to/from the airport aswell to keep costs down.
If I was to go again I'd look for somewhere in Brooklyn near a subway station so it's easy to get around. When I went a year ago we stayed in Hell's Kitchen but the accommodation on Manhattan is very expensive

Associate
If you're looking for somewhere cheaper to stay while you get your tourist on, I recommend Jersey. The PATH train is really fast to Times Square and you can get anywhere from there. Hotels are much cheaper on the Jersey side (inc. some nice ones by the waterfront) and there are shops/restaurants etc.

How long are you staying? You'll probably end up spending more $$ commuting from the airport daily to do stuff than you would staying somewhere like Jersey that's cheap/easy to get to.

Soldato
If you go for the Jersey option you could also look at flights into Newark rather than JFK as it would be a better option.

I'm going in a few months and staying in Hell's Kitchen, not far from times square but better standard of Hotel for the money.

Soldato
OP
thanks for the info so far.
i'll be going over the Hallowe'en period, probably for about a week. i already have a list of the usual stuff - Empire State Bldg, Intrepid, Flat Iron, the various bridges etc - so i think the advice of staying other than near the airport is good. ton of movie locations i wouldn't mind seeing too.

Associate
Don't stay local to JFK for goodness sake. hotel or air bnb on Manhattan or if you want to save a bit of money stay in Brooklyn or NJ in close proximity to Manhattan.

Back
Top Bottom