Phone socket

Associate
Hi all,

Probably a stupid question but in my bedroom where the main phone socket is in my flat I have a large socket that has open reach written on the front. Does this mean that a previous owner to my flat had fibre installed? My connection on standard broadband is good and reaches 14-17 Mbps when downloading (it did yesterday when I downloaded forza 6 apex) according to windows when I have the performance window open on windows 10 task manager

Soldato
Mm not sure but could just mean it's a filtered faceplate (i.e. no need for extra microfilters).

Fibre (FTTC) doesn't really need to be 'installed', it's still copper phone line up to the property.

Don
Probably a stupid question but in my bedroom where the main phone socket is in my flat I have a large socket that has open reach written on the front. Does this mean that a previous owner to my flat had fibre installed?

Nope - even some of the old sockets carry Openreach branding.

My connection on standard broadband is good and reaches 14-17 Mbps when downloading (it did yesterday when I downloaded forza 6 apex) according to windows when I have the performance window open on windows 10 task manager

17Mbps is still pretty good for ADSL2.

Associate
OP
Ok, cheers for the responses. Its just that I want to upgrade to fibre broadband and sometimes you see ridiculous pricing when it says that may charge installation fees. An activation fee of 50 pounds I can live with but if it starts costing more than that it wont be worth it as all I really want to do is improve streaming quality.

Back
Top Bottom