Help needed

Soldato
As soon as I turn on my PC it's wanting a password . I can't even get into BIOS. I tried removing the mobo battery but it still wants a password. Any help is much appreciated.

Soldato
Your PC? If it's yours, surely you set the BIOS password originally?

Anyway, did you try the reset jumper? Also did you have the power lead inserted when you removed the battery? If so, disconnect it and leave for 10 minutes before trying again.

Soldato
OP
Anyway, did you try the reset jumper? Also did you have the power lead inserted when you removed the battery? If so, disconnect it and leave for 10 minutes before trying again.

How do I reset the jumper ? in the mean time I have removed the battery and am now waiting 10 minutes to reset it.

Associate
What's the motherboard details?

Google the model and find the manual as a pdf, it says in there, usually you remove the battery, unplug PSU, pop jumper to one side and wait x seconds, replace jumper to original position, battery in - forget to plug your PSU in and try to start your rig and assume your PC is broken!

PS Are you able to check your CMOS battery is in fine fettle? Multimeter?

And https://www.technibble.com/how-to-bypass-or-remove-a-bios-password/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've solved the password problem but I've lost my overclock settings and can't remember how to set them up. I was running my sandybridge i5 at 4.5 GHz so if anyone can help me sort out my settings with speedstep enabled I'd be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom