Sound loop crashes

Soldato
Every now and again I get game crashes that end up in a sound loop. CSGO is the worse culprit for this. I can play for around 10-15 mins and will get a sound loop crash and have to use task manager to kill the process. I can then load up CSGO again and play for what seems like forever and it not happen again. I have had the same problem occur with the new Deus Ex. I have managed to play 90 mins or so solid of Tomb raider and it not happen so it seems a little bit random.
I have tried updating and reinstalling the graphic and audio drivers but it doesn't really seem to have worked and it doesn't happen every time.
Any ideas on possible causes? My temps are all fine.

I have a
6700k - Temps stay to around 50
Gigabyte 1070 - No more than 61/62 and less in CSGO as it isn't as taxing
Use onboard sound from Asus Maximus VIII Hero

Soldato
Tried disabling all unnecessary sound devices in Playback Devices? And running LatencyMon in case that provides some clues?

Make sure your CPU and RAM are at default speeds, i.e. 4.2GHz and 2133MHz respectively, while you troubleshoot.

Soldato
OP
Okay so I have not used LatencyMon before and running it now I am getting spikes into the red a lot and messages about disabling power saving options. I toggle between performance and balanced and have turned them off in the bios yet I still seem to get them.
The problems are hard pagefaults, I have no real idea how to go about fixing this. Any help would be grateful.

This is my pastebin of the stats page from latencymon

All I am doing is browsing the web and have VLC open playing a Twitch stream. I flick between using the audio from gfx card to play via the speakers (I have a 1070) and using the onboard to play via my headphones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom