Spec me an X99 board (somewhat urgent)

Soldato
I've agreed to buy a 5820k and RAM from the MM so I need a board to go with them. I dont know a great deal about motherboards so I could use some help. I do intend on overclocking and i'd like a board with an M.2 slot which my budget will allow for. I'd like to spend around £200 but i can push a bit higher if i need to.

The Gigabyte GA-X99 Ultra Gaming was recommended to me in another thread but i'm slightly put off by the fact I cant find any proper reviews. It's £250 but comes with a £30 Steam voucher. I'll probably go for it unless anyone thinks I could do better for the money.

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I dont really have a problem with buying it I just want to explore my options since i have some time before the CPU arrives. I was looking at the Asus X99 A-II as it's £225 on another site (hopefully OCUK will price match). Part of the reason i'm attracted to it is simply that i've never had an Asus board before and most people generally seem to rate them highly.

Associate
If it helps, I have a Gigabyte x99 Phoenix SLI (one tier above the x99 Ultra Gaming), and it's fairly good. I had an issue with RAM stability but a BIOS update solved that and everything my Asus RVE could do (core, cache, RAM) this can as well. Their BIOS really needed updating and thankfully the new UX is loads better.

Back
Top Bottom