** PHANTEKS POWER COMBO DEVICE - UNLIMITED POWER!!!!! **

OcUK Staff
Ever been stuck in a situation where you're planning to upgrade but your current PSU doesn't quite cut it? At near full load and your current PSU is taking a performance & efficiency hit? Seen a good deal on a second PSU but it's not as powerful as your current system unit? Want to run a redundant PSU setup on your system but put off by the high cost and form factor of current redundant power supplies? Want to make a 2000W+ monster gaming rig? Want to take over the world and need a pair of 8Pack 2000W PSU's in the same system to do it? Phanteks has you covered.

The Phanteks Power Combo is able to combine a pair of power supplies to provide a single combined output within your PC system. The 20+4 Pin and 4+4/8Pin power connectors are combined to a single output which not only improves efficiency but supplies a redundant function to avoid data or hardware loss due to a PSU failure. This also means you can operate any combination of power supply wattages and certifications to provide a single stable output to your motherboard, more efficiently than either PSU would normally run independently. Pretty neat to be honest.

PCI-E/SATA devices are connected independently to the power supplies, but this gives you a wealth of SLI & Crossfire options. Any case with dual PSU support is combo ready, such as the Enthoo Primo series, Lian-Li D666WRX or the Corsair 900D. The stock is due to land at the start of May. Heres a nice video to show you more!

Phanteks Power Combo Device - 2 PSU to 1 Motherboard PH-PWCOB_2P1M @ £29.99 inc VAT

CA058PT_138938_800x800.jpg

nonl2br
Phanteks’ patented Power Combo is design to maximize your power output by allowing you to connect two power supplies. Higher end power supply can cost a fortune, but the Power Combo is cost efficient and provides maximum power and efficiency. With the ability to combine two power supplies, the Power Combo can give you a higher maximum power output than all the power supplies in the market while still maintaining stability and performance. A true plug and play, the Power Combo requires no cutting and splicing of the wires.

Features
- SAFE AND SECURE: Redundant power supply architecture concept, this prevents the system from shutting down when one power supply fails. This ensures that all your vital information and data will not be interrupted or lost.
- EXTREME PERFORMANCE: Combining 2x top tier PSU’s and drive high-end systems that requires more power output.
- Universal Mount + Drop-N-Lock: The Power Combo comes with a velcro sticker that allows intallation in universal case products. The Power Combo is also equiped with a Drop-N-Lock mounting system, which makes installation even more convenient for Phanteks’ compatible *cases.
- POWER EFFICIENT: The power combo can acquire higher power efficiency through load sharing of 2 PSU’s. 2 PSU’s will operate under more efficient load compared to a single PSU that would be under full load.
- COST EFFICIENT: Budget builders can combine two low-wattage units to obtain a high end PSU performance without the high end cost.
- Cable compatibility: 24-Pin / 8-Pin Extension cables are required for connecting the power combo to motherboards. The power combo is compatible with all standard extension cables on the market. However, we recommend to use Phanteks’ *extension cables which are designed with extended length (500mm) for better cable management.

Specification
- Product: Power Combo (PH-PWCOB_2P1M)
- Dimension: 165 mm x 32 mm x 100 mm (W x H x D)
- Type: Power Combo for M/B 24-pin and CPU 8-pins
- Material(s): ABS
- Colour: Black
- Motherboard support: E-ATX, ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX
- Input Connector: 24-pin (2x) / 8-pin (4x)
- Output Connector: 24-pin (1x) / 8-pin (2x)
- Total Max Capacity: 1170W (Max. Motherboard consumption only)
- Power Supply Suggestion: Using Full spec PSUs ensure the stable power supplying output
- Cable compatibility: 24-pin/20+4 pin; 8-pin/4+4 pin; (extension cables not included)
- MTBF: >50,000 hrs
- Net Weight: 210 g ( 0.5 lbs)
- Gross Weight: 260 g ( 0.6 lbs)
- Package Dimension: 200 mm x 66 mm x 136 mm (WxHxD)
- QTY: 20 pcs / carton
- Model No: PH-PWCOB_2P1M
- UPC Code: 886523300625
- Warranty: 2 years

Only £29.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Could you in theory plug 2 of these each with 2 PSUs into a 3rd one of these, giving you 4 PSUs worth of juice?

If so... then plug 2 of those into another one... 8 PSUs... the possibilities are truly endless! :eek:

OcUK Staff
OP
I imagine it would be best to stick with same brands/types?

You don't have to, although if it were me I'd be combining the same pair of units. Phanteks assure me you can take a decent quality unit and a cheaper unit and combine them together to provide a single more efficient source of power. I wouldn't go as far to combine a junk CIT or equivalent unit with a Seasonic, but it may give your old backup PSU a new lease of life!

Soldato
Id be curious to see how robust the connections are inside as drawing that much power through an adapter may cause some issues if it isnt designed properly

EDIT:
- Total Max Capacity: 1170W (Max. Motherboard consumption only)

So that is 2x 600W PSUs - I would guess that if you plugged in two monster PSU's the connections inside the adapter wouldnt be able to withstand the load

Soldato
I have one question. Your boot drive can only take power from one or the other PSU - as this doesnt have a sata power splitter.

So if the PSU powering your boot/OS drive fails surely you will have a system crash - so there is no redundancy for that?

Soldato
I have one question. Your boot drive can only take power from one or the other PSU - as this doesnt have a sata power splitter.

So if the PSU powering your boot/OS drive fails surely you will have a system crash - so there is no redundancy for that?

I was thinking something similar, in a psu failure you could lose some hard drives and a GPU. there no redundancy here that I can see, its just load splitting across 2x PSUs.. having half a PC working isn't much use

""Features
- SAFE AND SECURE: Redundant power supply architecture concept, this prevents the system from shutting down when one power supply fails. This ensures that all your vital information and data will not be interrupted or lost"" doesn't shut down, just pray your HDD was on the PSU that stayed live

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
oh did you really go there ;) :eek::eek::eek::eek: Corsair won't like this haha.

Mind you they are busy renaming all the AIO coolers because Nvidia took offense to the GT and GTX naming and send a legal order to change the names! :)

Are you insinuating that Corsair are equivalent to CIT power supplies? I certainly didn't :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Id be curious to see how robust the connections are inside as drawing that much power through an adapter may cause some issues if it isnt designed properly

EDIT:

So that is 2x 600W PSUs - I would guess that if you plugged in two monster PSU's the connections inside the adapter wouldnt be able to withstand the load

No, what that means is that the motherboard can use up to 1170W maximum of the combined power through the ATX and EPS connections, the biggest power draws i.e. the GPU's are independant of this figure as they are connected separately. Regarding the quality of the internal connectors, we are talking about Phanteks, they are of high quality as standard :)

OcUK Staff
OP

Oh ye of little faith Lee :) In the event of one of the power supplies failing, all connected devices to the failed unit will be powered by the 2nd unit regardless, so yes, it's proper redundancy ;) I'd just avoid running at close to load on a pair of units otherwise the other unit will probably power off due to excessive load if the first unit fails.

Soldato
I do have little faith, because I don't understand how it can work.

An HDD/SSD only has 1 power connector. This splitter board doesn't support any SATA connectors. So you have to plug in a HDD/SSD directly into one of your PSU's. Not via this splitter board.

So if the PSU you have connected to said HDD chooses to blows up, how does the other PSU provide power to it?

Last edited:
Associate
I do have little faith, because I don't understand how it can work.

An HDD/SSD only has 1 power connector. This splitter board doesn't support any SATA connectors. So you have to plug in a HDD/SSD directly into one of your PSU's. Not via this splitter board.

So if the PSU you have connected to said HDD chooses to blows up, how does the other PSU provide power to it?

Im guessing it would be the same for any vga cards you have connected to the system aswell.

Soldato
the combo cant do anything else apart from power mobo and cpu. therefore if one psu dies EVERY device on that psu except the Mobo and cpu will go off..

The ONLY thing this does is give you more overall power, not redundancy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom