Flashpoint®: Dragon Rising™ ‘Fear and Anticipation’ gameplay trailer

Associate
Monday 6th July/... Witness the ruthless precision of the US Special Forces and feel the fear of impending battle in the stunning new Operation Flashpoint®: Dragon Rising™ ‘Fear and Anticipation’ gameplay trailer, released today.

OPERATION FLASHPOINT: DRAGON RISING Fear and Anticipation Gameplay Trailer (HD)

In the video a squad of US Special forces take advantage of the low light of dawn to covertly assault a Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) checkpoint. A convoy passes by as the squad move silently through the undergrowth, approaching their targets. Turning the situation hot, key guard positions are eliminated but the PLA are soon alerted to the Special Forces presence. With air and vehicle support in place, and superior numbers, PLA troops pursue and surround the Special Forces squad. What began as a covert insertion is about to turn into a fearsome, bloody flashpoint…

In Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising gamers play the decisive role in defusing a military flashpoint between two global superpowers that threatens the entire world. Players take the role of US Marines and Special Forces operatives dispatched to take back the oil-rich Russian island of Skira from an invading force of Chinese PLA.

The 220km2 island becomes the ultimate open-world battlefield as players are empowered to make their own choices, deploy their own tactics and fight war on their own terms. Objectives are set – how they are accomplished is always up to the player who has the full resources of the US Marine Corps at their disposal and the ability to attack from any direction. Intelligent squad and enemy AI, based on authentic military tactics, react in real-time to situations as they unfold to ensure that no two games will ever play out the same.

Players will become immersed in a stunningly realistic conflict with unprecedented levels of detail, freedom and authenticity. Every decision counts, every action has a consequence and every bullet can kill as Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising recreates the lethality, tension and adrenaline of real war like never before.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will set the new standard for sandbox shooters when it arrives this autumn for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Games For Windows®.

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Armoury Teaser (HD)

Last edited:

L33

L33

Permabanned
The e3 gameplay footage was the best, simply because the guy showing the game off said: "I've just been shot in the head. Its nothing serious, but I need to get it patched up" LOL, sounds pretty serious to me.

I think this is going to end up much more arcade-like than Arma 2.

Associate
OP
i think it will be for all those who like the style of ARMA without being too involved like ARMA sometimes is. there is gonna be a demo so plenty chance to try it first :)

Soldato
Yeah looks somewhere inbetween arma2 and cod4. Tracers from incoming fire was a bit meh, and it looked like it was being played on a console? looking up at the chopper was very joystick up. Ill probably get it anyway, like this style of game but get my realism kicks from arma2.

FMF

FMF

Associate
Seems like a combination of ARMA and COD. Before ARMA was released I was excited about this game, now not so much.

Soldato
I anticipate this being better than Arma 2. The way I see it, all Arma 2 is, is a better graphics version of OFP1. The same old bugs exist like when walking inside buildings, after all this time they never bothered to try and give it a better feel. Whereas OFP2 will have a totally different game engine with similar realism levels for all the realism freaks out there who just criticise and write it off as "cross platform dross" before they have even had a chance to play it!

You also have to bear in mind that the E3 video was for demonstration purposes only and would likely to have had some sort of 'god mode' enabled. Could you imagine how ridiculous it would be to be showing off the game while dying all the time and having to restart the mission?

Unlike many, I am really looking forwards to this game (while having a whale of a time on the OCUK Arma2 server, don't get me wrong, its not a bad game as such!) in the anticipation that it won't be anywhere near as "clumsy" as OFP1, Arma and Arma2.

The release date for Dragon Rising will be known on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom