• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

how capable is 270x with 4k?

Soldato
i wont own a 4k tv any time soon, not that lucky with spare cash lol and if i did probably only be a 32" due to space.

i was just generally curious how well cards like these that state '4k support' are actually good at that res for where these range of cards fit in the lists

Caporegime
They support the resolution, so they are technically correct.

Not for gaming though. Even discounting the fact that the card is a budget one, it would only do 30hz over HDMI.

Caporegime
My 390 with a hefty overclock is OK for general gaming at 4K, but it can't comfortable run a lot of things. For example Fallout 4 I have to run on high in 1440P.

With a 270X you have no chance really I'm afraid... :(

Permabanned
i wont own a 4k tv any time soon, not that lucky with spare cash lol and if i did probably only be a 32" due to space.

i was just generally curious how well cards like these that state '4k support' are actually good at that res for where these range of cards fit in the lists

they are fantastic for 4k film's, but not gaming.
when there stated as having 4k support its for video buddy

Associate
About as capable as I'd be in bed with Gianna Michaels.

But she got some
BOOBS
thought.

51475929.jpg

bru

bru

Soldato
Everybody has got caught up on the fact that the card isn't powerful enough to play games at 4k, but as VincentHanna pointed out it can only connect to a 4k TV via HDMI at 30HZ anyway.:)

They support the resolution, so they are technically correct.

Not for gaming though. Even discounting the fact that the card is a budget one, it would only do 30hz over HDMI.

Associate
I have a 290x,it does ok @4k if I turn the details down to peasant and don't mind my house setting on fire.

I can concur - had a 290X. Performance was passable with some well optimised/undemanding games and dialling down potions was required to keep things playable.
270x is unlikely to cut it and I think would struggle at 30hz on a 4k tv.

Back
Top Bottom