*** The Official Microsoft Surface Thread ***

Caporegime
What was the point in Microsofts extended support for the Surface RT?

It's absolutely disgraceful that first party devices were dropped the way they were. The fact something like the original Asus Transformer Windows 8 tablet is now on W10 and I'm stuck on 8.1 RT is lame as out.

No wonder Apple dominate the market the way they do.

Just a little thought I had, mainly because my brothers female friend brought one of the original x86 Windows 8 tablets round, and I look at my Surface 2 and cringe.

Associate
just bagged myself an i5 pro 4 with 128gb of storage and 4gb of memory.

Such an upgrade from my old dell venue pro 8.

although for some reason the fan seems to kick into over drive every 20 mins or so even when im just browsing on chrome. Is this normal?

Soldato
just bagged myself an i5 pro 4 with 128gb of storage and 4gb of memory.

Such an upgrade from my old dell venue pro 8.

although for some reason the fan seems to kick into over drive every 20 mins or so even when im just browsing on chrome. Is this normal?

Make sure its up to date, if its running updates etc in the background it'll get warm, also, as above, Chrome sucks

Soldato
I'm running Firefox as a backup to Edge, not that I like Edge, it's not ready yet imho

Yeah I have Firefox installed as a backup also, was running Edge last night and all was fine.

I will be interested to see if Microsoft decide to bring out a Surface 5 (non-pro) next time around as I have to admit my Surface 3 (non-pro) has more than done the job for me and has been great to travel with and do some very light gaming at times.

Soldato
I can't see a non-pro working for me as I use mine for work, running VM's etc, a pro4 would be nice but not enough difference between my existing pro3 and the pro 4 to justify the cost, more RAM and drive space would be nice but the rest of the system doesn't offer enough for the outlay, see what the pro5 brings, hopefully some sort of dGPU, then it's a winner imho...

Soldato
I can't see a non-pro working for me as I use mine for work, running VM's etc, a pro4 would be nice but not enough difference between my existing pro3 and the pro 4 to justify the cost, more RAM and drive space would be nice but the rest of the system doesn't offer enough for the outlay, see what the pro5 brings, hopefully some sort of dGPU, then it's a winner imho...

A dGPU would indeed be a winner Trig but again the way it's implemented currently in the Surface Book would lead me to think they'll keep that as a feature for that line.

However if they bring it down to the pro it does enhance it's capability quite a bit.

Man of Honour
I love this idea, why can't it be core m though rather than atom, and its expensive :(

Why isn't there more affordable core m tablets.

Why can't ms make a surface 4 with core m7 and under £399.

Soldato
Kabylake based Surfaces should run a lot cooler, Intel seems to have done a lot more work on the GPU/decoders so it shouldn't get too hot. From what I've noticed it's GPU based applications that seems to cause the fan to start up on my SP4.

Kabylake also has a VP9 decoder which will help with YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom