Google Android Beta Program - Android N

Associate
Received the update today on my Pixel C and it's a bit crap to be honest, wifi signal has been reduced, performance is lower in general according to benchmarks and there are tons of compatibility issues with apps and games especially.

Sucks to be first sometimes.

Soldato
Apparently none of the leaked new features are present though :mad: No new nav bar, no fingerprint scanner gesture, no double tap to wake, new blue setting menu...

Android 7.1. I was only reading today that the new Nexus devices could be only weeks away and will launch with API level 25 AKA 7.1.

7.0 is API level 24.

If I find the post I read I'll link. Too tired to go and find it right now.

Soldato
The new notification bundling is good, but does it drive anyone else mad that using the quick reply from the notification window does not dismiss the notification?

Caporegime
Bit of a joke this being a "preview" version considering the pixel is launching with it...

Really don't like what google are doing now, us 6p/5x owners won't be getting any of the good stuff:

Pixel Launcher - swipe up for all apps, new Search Box, date/weather header on home

Google Assistant

Unlimited original quality photo/video backup to Google Photos

Smart Storage - when storage is full, automatically removes old backed up photos/videos

Phone/Chat support (new support tab in settings), screen-share functionality

Quick switch adapter for wired setup from Android or iPhone

Pixel Camera:

Electronic Image Stabilization (“video stabilization”) 2.0
Pro Features
White Balance Presets
Exposure Compensation
AE/AF Locking
Viewfinder grid modes
HW-accelerated (on Qualcomm Hexagon coprocessor) HDR+ image processing
Smartburst

Sensor Hub processor with tightly integrated sensors (accel, gyro, mag) + connectivity (Wi-Fi, Cell, GPS)

Cosmetic:

Solid navbar icons with home affordance for Assistant
SysUI accent color theming
New setup look and feel
Dynamic calendar date icon

EDIT:

Hmm..... reading the comments for the androidpolice article, people are mentioning some of the above pixel improvements are there :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Hurrah!!!! They fixed the bluetooth issue! Finally!! Best update ever...

anyway, how do I get the gif keyboard working? I only have the option on messenger not hangouts or allo (assume considering messenger isnt as clever as imessage it will send them as mms)..thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Hurrah!!!! They fixed the bluetooth issue! Finally!! Best update ever...

anyway, how do I get the gif keyboard working? I only have the option on messenger not hangouts or allo (assume considering messenger isnt as clever as imessage it will send them as mms)..thanks

What Bluetooth bug? I've been having some issues with my phone and connecting to my car via Bluetooth. Not sure if it's the same issue.

Soldato
What Bluetooth bug? I've been having some issues with my phone and connecting to my car via Bluetooth. Not sure if it's the same issue.

The Bluetooth loses connection and then reconnects after a few seconds. It does this all the time and is very annoying. Ive read many forum posts around the internet and seems to be a common issue. There was a Google post about it.

It got to the point that I was looking to sell it and get something else. The issue for me was constant meaning I couldn't take calls or listen to spotify in the car.

Today after installing the update I managed a full hour in the car without a single dropout.

Back
Top Bottom