Pokemon GO! (2016)

Soldato
went back to that popular spot in Glasgow again today. Nice pickings as usual. Got a lot of good water type pokemon. Including a Golduck and cloyster, both new additons to my pokedex. Caught a Slowbro as well, though it was very low CP. And I now have enough poliwag candies that I could potentially evolve all the way to a Poliwrath. Holding out for a poliwag with higher CP first though. Also caught several squirtles, a few tentacruels and numerous slowpokes, staryus and magikarps :)

And I hit level 21!

Soldato
went back to that popular spot in Glasgow again today. Nice pickings as usual. Got a lot of good water type pokemon. Including a Golduck and cloyster, both new additons to my pokedex. Caught a Slowbro as well, though it was very low CP. And I now have enough poliwag candies that I could potentially evolve all the way to a Poliwrath. Holding out for a poliwag with higher CP first though. Also caught several squirtles, a few tentacruels and numerous slowpokes, staryus and magikarps :)

And I hit level 21!
Annoyingly I don't seem to be able to find that sport. Can you confirm its exact location please?

Soldato
Thought this might breath some life back into the thread. bits of code added for future updates. Definitely points to legendary poke's and type specific incense imo. Trading too!

I hope they make trading pokemon cost one candy of the pokemon you receive to prevent people abusing the huge exp gain from filling out a full pokedex in one lucky egg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...e_code_i_havent_seen/?st=ishdpjf6&sh=98795176

I was looking through the code and found some stuff I haven't seen many people talk about, several items, I will tell you what I think each is Item_incense_spicy <-incense that attracts only fire
Item_incense_cool <-incense to attract ice or maybe water
Item_incense_floral <-incense to attract grass or bug type etc.
activity_catch_pokemon <- this is of course just catching Pokémon, BUT
activity_catch_legend_pokemon <- shows that legendarys will be able to be caught, whether at an event or however.
You see in the code mention of a fort, I thought initially that this was simply referring to gyms, but then you also see gyms mentioned, examples:
Add_fort_modifier <- you can't add anything to gyms except Pokémon, this is very interesting to me. Perhaps a legendary is in a fort and your team has to take it down? Idk, but be on the lookout for this.
Fort_deploy_pokemon <- this suggests that forts will let you place Pokémon, just like with gyms.
Fort_recall_pokemon <- this is interesting to me. You can't manually bring Pokémon in gyms back to you, but this seems to suggest that with forts, you can.
Start_gym_battle <- this is gym battling, mentioned specifically as gym. Not a fort.. interesting.
Also, trading seems to be in the game, there's just no way to actually activate it right now:
Trade_search <- you can search for people looking to trade?
Trade_offer <- offer a trade to someone that wants to trade?
Trade_response <- when you offer a trade, they respond with whether or not they will go through with it?
Trade_result <- after an interaction, what happens, who gets what.
By the way, does anyone know what "sfida" stands for? Because it's mentioned, and in Italian it means challenge, could there be a challenging system where you challenge another player? Or am I going to deep.
Let's look at something else- it seems that there are (obviously) numerous factors that play in to whether or not you capture something. They are labeled as items, so maybe there are items that will increase these chances. Those berrys that aren't out yet could correspond
Item_effect_cap_chance_night <- at night it may be more or less likely to capture something, or maybe spawns are increased.
Item_effect_cap_chance_trainer <- possibly trainer level
Item_effect_cap_chance_first_throw <- the first throw you make can have an increased chance of capture (or maybe decreased)
There's another thing, I have no idea what it could be
Item_troy_disk What could this be?
please disregard all the random italics theyre underscores

Man of Honour
It's too late. They needed to add trading and PvP combat well before the population died off.

Even my wife has stopped playing it, and she was seriously addicted!

Soldato
So I finally evolved my Magikarp to Gyarados...Bite and Dragon Pulse :rolleyes:

Also finally got my Rapidash (Ponyta is not plentiful where I am)...ended up with Drill Run :rolleyes:

This is what annoys me about this game :p

Soldato
It's too late. They needed to add trading and PvP combat well before the population died off.

Even my wife has stopped playing it, and she was seriously addicted!

I disagree, there was never any doubt that the population would continue to grow. It is not dropping that quickly, which is surprising given the trends of fad apps.

There is a drop in active login accounts due to less people botting/mapping and people who have stopped because of the bans they received from botting and mapping.

I think a population drop would not do the game badly either for most places. suburban and urban areas have gym changes every half hour even at ridiculous oclock!

So I finally evolved my Magikarp to Gyarados...Bite and Dragon Pulse :rolleyes:

I believe they dont get dragon breath anymore and all new ones usually end up with bite. Dragon pulse is not bad either, much better than twister. Bite is great considering how many psychic types there are around and dragon pulse is a good dragonite breaker. Yeah they have been nerfed but tbh, ppl near water in cities can get one in a few days, which was a bit silly given their previous power.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I didn't play at all over the long weekend, one mass evolve away from level 26, but I don't really have any motivation now. Can't be bothered with 80% of the spawns I encounter, game would really benefit from some of the scaling ideas being thrown around SilphRoad.

Soldato
Felt the same about the 19cp Wartortle I caught :(

I don't get why they allow you to catch 2nd stage so low. It's just pointless. I would rather have a lower 1st stage as you need to put in the work for the subsequent stages.

As previously pointed out, I don't think they should allow you to catch 3rd stage Pokémon or 2nd stage where the Pokémon only evolves twice.

Soldato
Any stats on the number of bots? I imagine it's a tiny percentage of the population.

Bots a small fraction but map accounts is a massive portion. No hard numbers but i'd imagine a map search would require several accounts to scan the 'nearby' in several locations at once to pinpoint the exact location of the pokemon in the specified area.

I know many people who just used maps but had account generators for their scan requests after niantec was actively banning.

Soldato
As previously pointed out, I don't think they should allow you to catch 3rd stage Pokémon or 2nd stage where the Pokémon only evolves twice.

Agree to an extent but i do like the chance aspect of striking lucky. Final evolutions should definately be rarer.

There also needs to be more balancing in terms of dps. Electric Pokemon still got it hard

Soldato
There are still a few mapping programs working. Just create a burner PTC account. :p

I am going to wait it out tbh, next patch has tracker system changes which if it works well, will be very good.

It brings back the 'steps' for Pokemon near pokestops. Spawns are divided by wild and pokestop spawns. Your tracker will show you which Pokemon are near your current nearby pokestops, as well as give you a notification of despawn if the timer runs out when tracking a specific pokemon. The tracker is the old 3 steps system, so hopefully that stuff is sorted out by the time it is released. Wild spawns are just random spawns which are not near any pokestops.

This is beta testing with some users and will likely be released in the next patch.

Link features a video, pictures and more details:

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/08/this-is-the-new-nearby-tracker-in-pokemon-go/

Soldato
So I ventured out during lunch and managed to finally catch an Onyx in Glasgow Green :)

Hatched another Ecans (my second so far) which I haven't seen in the wild where I am and now I'm onto the grind of getting rid of my 2k eggs, first one was a weedle :rolleyes: I think I've only managed to get one Squirtle out of them so far (none of the other 'good' Pokemon) in the entirety of play since July from 2k eggs.

Back
Top Bottom