The Asteroid 8Pack Mini ITX Custom gaming system touches down at OCUK.

Soldato
The R and D that goes into such a system is large. Developing the Case. The cherry picking of components. Testing various configurations and specs and the mods all go along way to justifying the cost. The RAM is specially binned for me not off the shelf stuff, hand braided cables tc etc.

Then on top of this we have great service, extended warranty and labour free upgrades and tweaks.

The 8Pack system is the no expense spared solution to a brief. This PC is aimed at incredible power in a very small footprint with almost silent operation and unique eye catching styling. I believe we reached the brief and so do Techradar in there review.

For example most Asteroid will ship with 4.8cpu 4.5 cache and 3866mhz mems. This is a top 10% Skylake CPU with great, core and IMC so u want to build this yourself you have the cash to bin 10 CPU to find 1?I mean in some batches you might try 30 cpu before u find one. In the 8Pack solution this is all provided for.

This is the reason I would never buy a OEM CPU from overcloxkers

Associate
This is a top 10% Skylake CPU with great, core and IMC....

I hope Asteroids make up 10% of all the systems OCUK sell with 6700K's!

Everything about the SI binned CPU's was clarified back in December when a handful were made available to everyone (thread), chips that are bought for SI and binned for the 8 Pack/infin8 don't go back into retail stock. Lots will be sold in workstations, servers and PC's which can't be overclocked and actually most of them will still be great overclockers. So buying an OEM CPU off the site you could be just as lucky as anybody, and if you buy 10+ you should definitely get 1 as good as what goes into Asteroid :).

JR

OcUK Staff
OP

LOL!! what??

How many times do we have to repeat this:
ONLY SYSTEM STOCKS ARE BINNED WE BUILD 100's of systems per week.

How many CPU do you think can be binned??

OEM non system stocks are sold on the website. They are totally different products as far as our system is concerned. DEAR ME!!!

Thanks JR for your explanation also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom