**EK 1080 WATERBLOCKS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ORDER**

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi Guys,

So we with all the current chat about the Nvidia 1080 we have some other news as EK have managed to create a couple of water blocks ready for the launch. This means that if you are planning on ordering a 1080 card and adding it to a water cooling loop then you do not have to wait as you can order the block today ready for the release of the card.

All varieties of the water blocks will be landing later today so ordering now will ensure you get hold of one of the first batch.

EK have done a good job getting these blocks ready and they look amazing as well.

We will have the Black back plate available for shipping today.

EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX - Acetal+Nickel @ £89.99 inc VAT

WC9A4EK_141629_800x800.jpg

EK-FC1080 GTX is a high performance full-cover water block for NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition graphics cards.

This water block directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas, thus allowing the graphics card and it's VRM to remain stable under high overclocks. EK-FC1080 GTX water block features a central inlet split-flow cooling engine design for best possible cooling performance, which also works flawlessly with reversed water flow without adversely affecting the cooling performance. Moreover, such design offers great hydraulic perfromance allowing this product to be used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps.

Base is made of nickel plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality POM Acetal material. The top also features two pre-drilled slots for 3mm LED diodes. The sealing is ensured by quality rubber washers. Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed and allow for a safe and painless installation procedure.

EK Water Blocks recommends the purchase of aesthetic retention backplate (EK-FC1080 GTX Backplate - Black, Nickel, Blue, Red, Gold) which improves the looks of your graphics cards and also provide some passive cooling to the circuit board VRM section.

G1/4" threaded fittings can be used on both sides of the FC Terminal. Up to four EK-FC1080 GTX water blocks can be used on a single ATX form factor motherboard by using EK-FC Terminal (DUAL, TRIPLE or QUAD type) system or other means of interconnectivity. Please note that EK-FC Bridge & Link system is not compatible with this water block.

Enclosed:
- EK-FC1080 GTX series water block
- Mounting mechanism with screw-in brass standoffs
- Thermal pads
- Thermal grease EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)

**Please be aware this block is not compatible with the new Nvidia sli bridge and is only compatible with the older sli brdige**

Only £89.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX - Nickel+Plexi @ £89.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/EK-Water-Blocks-EK-FC1080-GTX-Nickel-Plexi-WC-9A3-EK.html

EK-FC1080 GTX is a high performance full-cover water block for NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition graphics cards.

This water block directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas, thus allowing the graphics card and it's VRM to remain stable under high overclocks. EK-FC1080 GTX water block features a central inlet split-flow cooling engine design for best possible cooling performance, which also works flawlessly with reversed water flow without adversely affecting the cooling performance. Moreover, such design offers great hydraulic perfromance allowing this product to be used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps.

Base is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality acrylic material. The top also features two pre-drilled slots for 3mm LED diodes. The sealing is ensured by quality rubber washers. Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed and allow for a safe and painless installation procedure.

EK Water Blocks recommends the purchase of aesthetic retention backplate (EK-FC1080 GTX Backplate - Black, Nickel, Blue, Red, Gold) which improves the looks of your graphics cards and also provide some passive cooling to the circuit board VRM section.

G1/4" threaded fittings can be used on both sides of the FC Terminal. Up to four EK-FC1080 GTX water blocks can be used on a single ATX form factor motherboard by using EK-FC Terminal (DUAL, TRIPLE or QUAD type) system or other means of interconnectivity. Please note that EK-FC Bridge & Link system is not compatible with this water block.

Only £89.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX - Acetal @ £79.99 inc VAT

WC9A2EK_141622_800x800.png

Base is made of electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality POM Acetal material. The sealing is ensured by quality rubber washers. Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed and allow for a safe and painless installation procedure.

Enclosed:
- Thermal pads

**Please be aware this block is not compatible with the new Nvidia sli bridge and is only compatible with the older sli brdige**

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX - Plexi @ £79.99 inc VAT

WC9AAEK_141619_800x800.png

Base is made of electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality POM Acetal material. The sealing is ensured by quality rubber washers. Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed and allow for a safe and painless installation procedure.

Enclosed:
- Thermal pads

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:
Associate
Must admit I was surprised when I found out that it wasn't compatible with the new SLI Bridges. So looks like Watercoolers won't get full SLI benefit.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Must admit I was surprised when I found out that it wasn't compatible with the new SLI Bridges. So looks like Watercoolers won't get full SLI benefit.

You will still be able to run Sli you will just miss out on the little boost the Nvidia sli bridge gives it. Hopefully EK will create an SLi bridge to replace the Nvidia one.

Associate
waterblocks just have to be see through. you cant see all the pretty colours if they are not but i dont like the copper colour. looks much better when its silver

Soldato
You will still be able to run Sli you will just miss out on the little boost the Nvidia sli bridge gives it. Hopefully EK will create an SLi bridge to replace the Nvidia one.

Indeed they will. They confirmed on Reddit that they'll release their own SLI bridge for 1080s soon.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
waterblocks just have to be see through. you cant see all the pretty colours if they are not but i dont like the copper colour. looks much better when its silver

Hi, Hopefully we will have stock of the Nickel shortly. Unfortunately we did not get them for Launch. I will update you when we get an ETA for them to arrive.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Indeed they will. They confirmed on Reddit that they'll release their own SLI bridge for 1080s soon.

I have had the email to confirm but wasn't sure that we could annouce it so I will keep everyone posted about eta's. You will probably see it elsewhere first though as things get leaked easily these days :).

Associate
Glad to hear EK are going be doing there own SLI Bridges had me a bit worried there lol.

Are OCUK Tech Labs going be selling a 1080 with a already fitted Waterblock and black plate like they did with the 900 Series?

Don't mind if they don't will just do myself but figured I would ask.

Associate
GeForce GTX 1080 "Reference Blower" 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card (80NSJ6DHK5VK)

is this still a refernce design so i can put a waterblock on it ?

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Glad to hear EK are going be doing there own SLI Bridges had me a bit worried there lol.

Are OCUK Tech Labs going be selling a 1080 with a already fitted Waterblock and black plate like they did with the 900 Series?

Don't mind if they don't will just do myself but figured I would ask.

Hi,

We have setup the OcUK tech labs which will go live on Tuesday. We did not expect any stock to be left for people to consider the tech labs option. It should be live now but the website is not refreshing properly. I will make sure it is live for Tuesday. Be aware that there will be delays due to products landing randomly as it is new.

Soldato
GeForce GTX 1080 "Reference Blower" 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card (80NSJ6DHK5VK)

is this still a refernce design so i can put a waterblock on it ?

EK will test them and update their compatibility page. Keep an eye on updates here:

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109831298

Already the Inno3D iChill card has been added as compatible with the reference 'Founder's Edition' water blocks. Slowly other cards will be added as well.

Soldato
Not sure how since Inno3D render has a custom PCB on board:

big_inno3d_ichill_cooler.jpg

Yeah and it's actually removed now from the list. It was there when I sent that post. I'm guessing a mistake. The block covers the whole card and doesn't have space for extra power connectors so we shouldn't expect any card with more than one connector is supported.

Back
Top Bottom