• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Question for Powercolour RX480 Red Devil Owners

Associate
I just bought this from here and the bios switch is missing, anyone else have one like this ? it doesent have a picture of a star on the back but another design, have they done away with the bios switch on a new version ? I cant find any info about them changing it, the metal bit that the switch would protrude from is there but there is no plastic switch

916a4442-1bcd-4f08-a5d4-e7dcd2b428f5_zps2xh8miam.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Soldato
Just saw your post on the 480 owners thread. I definitely have the switch on my card:

It does seem quite strange that yours appears to be missing.

Whereabouts is the star design you describe? The back of my card is plain black.

Associate
OP
Thanks for posting that, did you buy your card from OC and how long have you had it and mine has a plain black backplate also.

Associate
OP
That is weird. Wonder what caused that? Is it definitely the card you bought?

Yes it was definitely the card I bought, it was the only 480 I had, as I said I've RMA'ed it now, Bailey is helping me sort it out and he pulled a couple out of the Warehouse and they both had switches so looks like a one off, google didn't throw much up but there was guy on Reddit who had the same problem on a RX 470.

Associate
OP
Great service from OC's, my replacement is on it's way and I only posted the old card to them yesterday, isn't the 21st century great :D it doesn't seem that long ago that if you where waiting for something to turn up in the post you had to "Allow 28 days for delivery"

Last edited:
Associate
i didnt say that insinuating you swapped it with a card you have or anything. i meant as is it definitely the card you selected at the til.

great that its getting sorted though. you ever bought something from that "wish" app? they take like 2 months to deliver lol and most of the stuff is blags from china unless you buy unbranded.

Associate
OP
Ah I see what you mean now, I've never heard of the wish app although I do get a lot of spam from one or two Chinese tech sites.

Associate
OP
My replacement turned up fully equipped with a bios switch :D Top service from Bailey and OC's in general, I only posted the switchless one off Friday so top marks all round ;)

Back
Top Bottom