Acer Predator X34A or Asus PG348Q

FTL

FTL

Associate
Think it is a 10bit vs 8bit panel and also adds ulmb... i think

Neither of those things - both panels are 8 bit + FRC to give 10 bit. ULMB has definitely not been added either. The only spec difference is a headphone rack and swivel on the stand. Any QC changes that may have happened are pretty hard to confirm without Acer saying something.

Associate
Ahh got this yesterday I have to say I think I'm going to return it.
Not overly impressed few reasons.

Only about half the games I've tried are natively supporting the resolution. I'm getting a lot of black borders.

Games like dark souls 3 aren't supporting it :(. There are some 3rd party hacks but they can get you banned.

Why in gods name don't current releases support this out of the box?

Games that do support it (division, shadow of Mordor and witcher 3) look amazing.

I might just send it back and get the predator 32 xb321hk 4K but not sure whether I'll be happy with 60hz :(.

Associate
I don't think I've ever had one game that I couldn't get to run properly at 21:9. There is usually always a tweak than can be done if you look into it properly.

Looking on wsgf is usually the best start.

E.g. Dark Souls 3 fix http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=30954&sid=84a230e71dd80a78c9fc3e83c95d750e&start=230

Looked at that apparently it doesn't work and people have been getting online bans for modifying the code. Put over 150 hours in. Think I'd literally cry if I got banned.

Associate
OP
I've had the x34a all weekend now and it's great. I've got no dead pixels or massive Back-light bleed. I would highly recommend it.

The only down side is the stand. It's massive! It's not they well designed. It looks great but the dead space behind the monitor means it sits in the middle of my desk, and it was way to close to me.

I had to go get a new stand (Egrotron MX) for it and now it's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom