Build Log: I Am Titanium

Soldato
Well I never felt the need to do that, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't if necessary. But I think it would be a last resort. As you can see, I have a rad+fans at the bottom, and it was a little tight given proximity to the motherboard the cables that connect down there, but I managed it fine. There are some holes down there, I think you just need to plan it out, and perhaps even bring some cables through before you install the motherboard. The only thing that would pose a problem is if your USB 3.0 connector was on the bottom edge of the motherboard... it simply wouldn't go in with fans there, unless you had one of those flexible extension cables.

Cheers dude. The more I look at pics online the less a problem I think it'll be. I am planning a bank of fans on the bottom but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess.

Soldato
OP
looks great mate. i love the 303, have my new build in one. great case

Thanks :). Yeah, very easy case to work in and the quick release panel is really clever. I'm surprised more cases haven't incorporated something like this, but I think it's because so many glass panel cases have been retrofitted to an older chassis, so the screw in each corner is the only option. Hopefully we'll see a bit more outside the box thinking going forward though.

Associate
Looks good.

Are your front panel cables all still plugged or have you had to disconnect the usb 3 as it sticks out a lot?

How did you make the tight bends (going from the GPU to bottom rad) they look tighter than the mandrels available

Soldato
OP
Looks good.

Are your front panel cables all still plugged or have you had to disconnect the usb 3 as it sticks out a lot?

How did you make the tight bends (going from the GPU to bottom rad) they look tighter than the mandrels available

Thanks. No, they're all still connected. The MSI motherboard has the USB 3.0 header on the right hand side facing outwards (horizontal), so that's not a problem. Were it at the bottom of the board or in a vertical orientation, it would have posed an issue.

The tight bends were done by hand. I do have mandrels, but you're right they wouldn't really have been possible with those, so I just had to measure and do by hand. Got that bottom one right first time by sheer luck actually, as I just eyeballed it lol!

Associate
Hello sir, i am really wonder how do you make the ATX 24-pin looks cleanly straight outta cable management hole. Most of rig show it have to have a lil bit bend before attaching to the motherboard. Would you mind to shown that lil secret ?

Soldato
OP
Hello sir, i am really wonder how do you make the ATX 24-pin looks cleanly straight outta cable management hole. Most of rig show it have to have a lil bit bend before attaching to the motherboard. Would you mind to shown that lil secret ?

Not sure what you mean exactly? I don't think there's a trick to it, but I did spend a long time manipulating it... they're quite stiff and can be hard to get to go where you want. Cable combs can help in this regard, but I did make it with the intention of having a very sharp turn in it though, so I made the top row quite longer than the bottom. I think you just need to plan where it's going to go beforehand... makes things much easier.

Associate
500x1000px-LL-00b93887_IMG_1642.jpeg

Here i attached an example of rig made using in win 303. You can see that the sleeved cable of 24-pin that attached on the motherboard need to have a little bend right after out of the cable management hole as the hole is quite below the pin slot. But yours, it seems really come out straight and did not have to be bended. So how do you do it ?

Back
Top Bottom