Before I order (4 choices)

Associate
I've narrowed my search down to 4 monitors. Now do I go all out considering I've only had 3 monitors in the last 11 years or do I save a few quid and buy a 1070 now rather than in the new year..

The 4 I'm debating between...

Dell S2716DG £500
Asus PG279Q £700

Asus PG348Q £999
Acer X34a £ 989

Soldato
If you don't buy monitors very often, are you really sure you're prepared to consider a TN panel? 6-bit colour accuracy is pretty nasty if you do anything outside of twitch-reaction gaming...

Not that I'm against Dell, in general I find them a superb choice - just not with a TN panel.

Associate
@tatts:
Umm, according to your previous thread, you were initially thinking of a budget of £300, but were considering of stretching it to £500. Now you're already looking at £1000...?

Did you get caught up by the G-Sync prices or something? :eek:

Associate
OP
If you don't buy monitors very often, are you really sure you're prepared to consider a TN panel? 6-bit colour accuracy is pretty nasty if you do anything outside of twitch-reaction gaming...

Not that I'm against Dell, in general I find them a superb choice - just not with a TN panel.

The panel I have now is TN so I guess I'm used to it. The main attraction for me is that it's half the price of the main two.

@tatts:
Umm, according to your previous thread, you were initially thinking of a budget of £300, but were considering of stretching it to £500. Now you're already looking at £1000...?

Did you get caught up by the G-Sync prices or something? :eek:

I'm not even searching for G-sync, I just want something I can keep for another 5 years or so and them 4 seem to be the best options from what I have read and the more I look the more I like the idea of 21:9. I know very little about monitors and I've never bought a decent one so I thought at first a £300 monitor would do me until I saw the Dell and the reviews before I read into the IPS vs TN which is when I found the asus followed by the x34 (yes I'm easily distracted).
I don't mind spending the money if its worth it, I was looking more at the VFM factor and didn't want to go down the old route of ploughing thousands in to a rig again but I guess I haven't changed and now I'm looking for someone to blame should I order the X34 lol. I still can't decide though, I was extremely close to ordering the X34 today until I ask myself is twice the monitor that dell is....

Associate
I'm looking for someone to blame should I order the X34 lol. I still can't decide though, I was extremely close to ordering the X34 today until I ask myself is twice the monitor that dell is....
I doubt you'd be blaming anyone other than yourself if you got the X34 or the ultrawide Asus...for not getting one sooner!

Having had my X34 for a few months now, I don't regret it at all, and my eyes are equally pleased at the investment. It'll probably outlast a good few GPU upgrades.

Associate
OP
I doubt you'd be blaming anyone other than yourself if you got the X34 or the ultrawide Asus...for not getting one sooner!

Having had my X34 for a few months now, I don't regret it at all, and my eyes are equally pleased at the investment. It'll probably outlast a good few GPU upgrades.

I think you're right ... Just got home with a X34a and first impressions are very good :)

Back
Top Bottom