Pact Coffee

Soldato
Anyone used/heard of Pact Coffee before? What are your thoughts?

https://www.pactcoffee.com/

I have a small cafetiere and just need some ground coffee to go in it!

My second question is how to use the cafetiere properly. My cafetiere is similar to this one Clicky. As you can see it's a '3 cup'. What does this exactly mean? It'll make 3 espressos? Does that mean each cup of coffee I have will have 3 espressos in it? :eek:

Associate
A cafetiere won't make espresso? You need an espresso machine for that. Cafetiere will make coffee more similar to filter coffee.

The three cups just means the volume it makes will be three cups.

Soldato
OP
A cafetiere won't make espresso? You need an espresso machine for that. Cafetiere will make coffee more similar to filter coffee.

The three cups just means the volume it makes will be three cups.

What size cups though? My '3 cup' ONLY JUST fills my standard brew cup!

Thats why I thought a 'cup' would be an espresso sized cup

Soldato
OP
Ahh I've found the answer:

Q. How big a cafetiere should do I need?

A. Cafetieres are normally sold in 3, 6, 8 or 12 cup sizes. However, these cups are the small espresso cups which can be very confusing. The cup sizes equate roughly to the following, bearing in mind that mug sizes also vary!

3 cup = 1 mug and a bit of a top-up
6 cup = 2 mugs and a bit of a top-up
8 cup = 3/4 mugs

I'm currently on the hasbean website - i'm going to order from there as you suggested! Any reccomendations?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
My kid sister got me a bunch of packs from Pact for my birthday this year. So far I've had Planalto, Bibi Plantation and Finca La Joyeria grinds - enjoyed all of them :)

Soldato
The trouble is with pre-ground coffee it goes stale very quickly, a matter of minutes if you believe all the coffee gurus on the internet.

I read through some of the pages of the big coffee making thread on here some time ago, it paid dividends for me.

Grinding coffee beans before brewing does make coffee taste better IMO.

Get a decent hand grinder (I recommend the Rhinoware stainless steel one, Porlex is good too but the handle tends to come off during grinding)

BTW Rave coffee has a Black Friday offer on their roasts until tommorrow. They are good.

http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=a2fc315c9578213f078598bd5&id=d1bc207cc9

Soldato
Also get a Aeropress, much nicer coffee than a cafetiere.

Couldn't believe how true this was till I got mine. It's a serious difference.

I got a bag from Pact for £1 through some deal, was a nice coffee but nothing special. Let my membership tick over for a month to get another different bag through which is currently at the post office. Will try that and cancel if it's also nothing too amazing.

Caporegime
Couldn't believe how true this was till I got mine. It's a serious difference.

I got a bag from Pact for £1 through some deal, was a nice coffee but nothing special. Let my membership tick over for a month to get another different bag through which is currently at the post office. Will try that and cancel if it's also nothing too amazing.

Also cancelled mine, it's ok but nothing amazing.

Rave also do monthly subs, infact theres loads out there.

Soldato
I've never even heard of an Aeropress before!

What makes them so much better?
Save yourself the time and effort of Googling, just buy one now ok? ;)

I had some houseguests this weekend so swapped back to a cafetiere for the first time in forever, and blimey it isn't half different. Way less enjoyable. a lot harsher generic 'coffee' taste, horrible bits at the bottom. Yuck :p

Aeropress gives you an incredibly smooth, rich coffee in comparison. Love it.

As for Pact, I signed up for a £1 trial and wasn't that impressed. I don't drink enough to do a sub so for me it was fairly pointless. The coffee was fine, though.

Soldato
Anyone used/heard of Pact Coffee before? What are your thoughts?

https://www.pactcoffee.com/

I have a small cafetiere and just need some ground coffee to go in it!

My second question is how to use the cafetiere properly. My cafetiere is similar to this one Clicky. As you can see it's a '3 cup'. What does this exactly mean? It'll make 3 espressos? Does that mean each cup of coffee I have will have 3 espressos in it? :eek:
Kept getting pestered by them to buy their £1 intro pack but just looked like another overpriced hipster product to me :p

I generally ignore the cup rating as I drink by the mug. Not really sure what their measurement of a cup is, but my 8 cup cafetiere only makes a little over 2 mugs :confused:.

I normally do 2 pudding spoons of coffee beans per one of my mug which works out nicely. So I put 4 pudding spoons worth of beans, ground up, into my 8 cup cafetiere and fill it almost to the top.

Edit: hmmm might have to get an aeropress now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom