Plusnet a tail of Woe

Soldato
OP
Buffalo210230037843 said:
Been with Plusnet quite a while now. It's been faultless for me.

My daughters mate has used them for years and they have been faultless. Mrs Strudders likes Trustpilot but has yet to understand people moan more than they praise.. anyway..

Openreach are steadfast on Monday to activate. Support manager Steve has contacted me by text everyday and when he was on
leave yesterday got one of his guys to update me.

So been wihthout broadband for a week. Used 1.5GB of mobile data and only missing steaming and GTAO. Having copies of your iTunes purchases is a good thing.. I can still watch the 300gb of stuff I have bought over the years...

Soldato
OP
Update,

26th has now been pushed back to 29th, so that is basically 2 weeks past the order go live date. Bear in mind I had infinity 2 until the 16th... so it is not my line/equipment etc.... It is plusnet

I am in the process of cancelling my order and moving to another provider, if I can...

Hours on hold, No complaints department, No explanation except "its openreach and out of our hands" ********.....

Livid and upset

Last edited:
Associate
Update,

26th has now been pushed back to 29th, so that is basically 2 weeks past the order go live date. Bear in mind I had infinity 2 until the 16th... so it is not my line/equipment etc.... It is plusnet

I am in the process of cancelling my order and moving to another provider, if I can...

Hours on hold, No complaints department, No explanation except "its openreach and out of our hands" ********.....

Livid and upset

Walk away while/if you can, you could end up walking in to this mess.

I left them over 6 weeks ago after 40% packet loss every evening for well over a month, luckily I was out of contract.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre...oss-and-other-DNS-issues/td-p/1354749/page/79

Soldato
The problem is they are most likely having problems caused by Openreach (even if they did do something to trigger the problem in the first place).

Trying to cut and run in the middle of this mess could leave you without broadband for even longer, possibly significantly longer.

Soldato
OP
The problem is they are most likely having problems caused by Openreach (even if they did do something to trigger the problem in the first place).

Trying to cut and run in the middle of this mess could leave you without broadband for even longer, possibly significantly longer.

Well decided not to cancel for the above reasons. Got the order completed but there is an issue in the exchange and is now out with openreach...

So 15 days without broadband and counting.... quite cathartic my side, family going nuts. Daughter now at mother in laws as she is in the middle of job hunting and her EE mobile has no signal... which is surprising as O2 and Vodafone now have 4g and we are in the middle of no where...

Soldato
You do realise though that Plusnet are not the bad guy in your story? They are telling you the problem is being caused by BT Openreach. They only have so much leverage they can use and all jobs with BTOR have a specific set SLA, it doesn't matter who you are or how bad your trauma is, BTOR stick to the SLA they have. Thats not Plusnet.

Usually when a job goes to BTOR and it goes to an exchange engineer it's a 5 working day quote.

Shouting at Plusnet will only spur them to ask and be told to wait another X days until the SLA is up.

Soldato
I'm currently moving my folks internet from BT to Plusnet and have had to call them once for an update of what's happening. Tried on my lunch break and was in queue for 25 minutes then spoke to a chap who sounded like he was just trying to palm me off, however in fairness to him the next morning I get a positive update on their order so all good there.

Tried calling them again a couple of days later around 9.30am and was only on hold for 2 minutes.

Touch wood I don't get any troubles as I've had enough of trying to get through to ISP's it's just such hard work :o

Associate
Ive been with Plusnet for over 3 years, speed was a constant 73mbs, was great no issues. Up until last Christmas, when my speed dropped to about 20mbs sent a support ticket. Got the usual response test modem and such. I went through all that, and then I got a response(this was all over the space of a month)they would test my line. Only to get a reply a few days later saying that they can't test my line as a cease of service order put on my line. I was surprised by this didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Any it turned out that my issues were caused by them moving me to a new network and that my speeds would return to normal. So for over a month of 2ing and froing, Why didn't they inform me that the change of network might cause some problems. Well after that my speeds did return to 73mbs. That is up until a few months ago when they have now dropped to around 57mbs. Sent them a ticket and the reply is I should be getting around 61mbs and my speed is fine.To that I say, no it's not. I had 73mbs for nearly 3 years, why has it suddenly dropped? I'm still waiting for an answer. My renewal is up soon so I might leave.

Soldato
OP
You do realise though that Plusnet are not the bad guy in your story? They are telling you the problem is being caused by BT Openreach. They only have so much leverage they can use and all jobs with BTOR have a specific set SLA, it doesn't matter who you are or how bad your trauma is, BTOR stick to the SLA they have. Thats not Plusnet.

Usually when a job goes to BTOR and it goes to an exchange engineer it's a 5 working day quote.

Shouting at Plusnet will only spur them to ask and be told to wait another X days until the SLA is up.

Plusnet are the bad guy in my story. Openreach can only act on jobs requested by their customers. If you don't order correctly then they won't fulfil. Simple. Also plusnet extending their response to support tickets from 3 to 5 days does not help either.

Openreach engineer coming tomorrow. For what I am not sure when the issue is clearly in the exchange and the profile. They can see my equipment, just can't Authenticate and the three routers I have tried all come back with same issue....

My neighbour get their plusnet broadband installed on Saturday..... I bet mine is still not working...

Soldato
OP
Well openreach have been and yep, a profile issue. If they had been engaged at the time of the failed install we would have been up and running a week ago....

Anyway, up and running.

Back
Top Bottom